New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

new car and new to forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Default new car and new to forum

My buddy use to have a monte carlo and told me about this forum so I thought I would come check it out. Anyone have some good ideas on what to do to make my car stand out. I have a 02 black monte carlo SS with light grey factory body kit. Hit me up with some ideas k guys. Thanks

Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: new car and new to forum

congrats on the new car. have any pics?? there is a ton you can do to the MC, especially the SS... look aroind on the forum there are posts about it all.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey welcome to the site

you could always look towards rims, tint the windows, do you have the ss spoiler?? or the flat one?? there's grill for the front end like mine, or black headlight units available on ebay or search them on here, because mod mickey made his own black headlights a 10th of the price and they look just as good and there's also the ram air hood available for the monte's (its a little expensive though)

Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 PM

hey Whiz, the flat surf borad spoiler is the SS one also. jsu thte high sport or the Nascar and some other of the limited cars have the stand up spoiler on them .

If you take a look at the photo albums they are full of ideas here and also Cardomain has a bunch of montes on it to that you can look at.

welcome to the site.
i think the best thing you cna do depending on where ya live is to ge tthe windos tinted in a black car i think it is a must have LOL

Old 03-03-2007, 06:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Hello and welcome to the forum. This is my 2nd black 6th gen SS: an '01 SS LE, and now the '04 Rock'n Intimidator SS. Hope we can help with any questions you have.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 PM

No I dont have any pics yet I am probably gonna take some today cause I am gonna go give it a good wash job at work.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:20 PM

Yeah I have the stand up spoiler. Its one of those limited SS monte's. Window tinit was already on when I got the car so now I am lookin at wheels and hookin my stereo system back up. I think I am gonna black it out and put just a little chrome on it

Old 03-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I like the blacked out "stealth" look. The only chrome on mine is the hood emblem (which I hate), and the wheels, both sets. I even painted my calipers black, not red like most people. My Intimidator emblems are now black, along with all of my trunk and rear window tray. Interior roof liner and pieces to be done maybe this summer. I can't tint all my windows, but the rear 3 will get tinted this spring, along with headlight covers. I would like smoked tail lights also, but there is safety issues there, and without LED's, that won't happen.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 03-04-2007, 02:36 PM

yeah my buddy told me he thinks I should take that front emblem off. I have some pics of my car on here in the photo gallery. the title of them is blackin out if you wanna look. I took all the emblems off except for the back chevy sign which I am lookin for either blue or chrome and I put chrome and white SS emblems on the side from an 07 monte carlo. the only chrome other than that I am gonna do is I found some awsome black 18" wheels with a chrome lip.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 PM

I am saving up to get an aftermarket cd player in my 02 monte but my buddy said you have to buy a lot of adaptors so you can still reset your change oil light and tire pressure light, etc. is this true or can I just put the cd player in and if it is true abou thow much do the adaptors cost and how many do I need. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: new car and new to forum