New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New 2007 Monte Carlo Pace Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Default RE: New 2007 Monte Carlo Pace Car

Hi Charley, & Welcome to the MCF
You are fortunate to have the last year Monte Carlo SS, plus
it's SuperSuper rare being only #42 of 56.
It's a great addition to the forum.
Thanks for sharing your pictures, and information.
We will look forward to your future posts.
Wish you Happy/Safe miles in your SS.
`Space

Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM

wow those are some awesome lookin cars! since u said they drive like a go cart ill trade u my go cart for ur monte lol

Old 01-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Thank you all for such a warm welcome ....I have been looking for a cool group like this....I have also been looking for a Monte CarloCarClub....I live in Eastern Tennessee, about 15 miles from the world famous Bristol Motor Speedway....There is a Super Chevy Show at BMS later in the year....but I would like to go a Monte Carlo event somewhere in the Eastern US....Thanks again for your comments, I really appreciate it

[IMG]local://upfiles/3670/5613A3D48BE140629BC6D5E9CC5B75A4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-03-2008, 07:37 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding to your email. I tried to find out more information on American Specialty Trucks but came up empty handed. My car was sent from the factory to American Vans which was call American Specialty Trucks and now out of business. Since I just bought my car I listed the problem on my GM survey which I just submitted to GM maybe that will do some good. Althought, I doubt it. I'm sure it will take them a few weeks to review anyway.

It would be nice to have the RVIA certification but I'm not sure what RVIA stands for? Is this what would on paper make it an officially licensed NASCAR Monte? How did you determine that you were car #42? Do you have the Delta 40 Flowmaster racing exhaust system? My interior is black with red inserts and hand dipped carbon red dash and door panel inserts is your gray instead of red? I'm having the dealer replace the racing stripes because they are stained and can't get them cleaned have you had any issues with yours?

If you have any questions and you want me to see if I can get an answer let me know and we can share information, etc.

PSS..The painted brake calipers are a nice touch. Didthe front of your car say MONTE CARLO S/S on the bumper and NASCARon thefront of the car?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 AM

The people at American Speciality Trucks told me it was #42, but that is all I have been able to get out of them....His name is Eric Logan, I got his name and # from the dealer....but he passed me on to another person who hasn't helped yet....I have got in touch with a guy at GM special edition products over the weekend and he is trying to help me....If he does get me the certificate of authenticity, I will pass my contact numbers on to you....Yes mine has the dual Flowmasters....and No it didn't have anything on the front bumper....It has NASCAR on the top portion of the windshield....and a small NASCAR decal on the rear....and NASCAR on the hood scoop....and I liked the red painted brakes,too.....[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 03-15-2008, 04:26 AM

Art....I have some emails from Detroit about these cars I'll try to forward to you....be on the look-out for them....What they are telling me, may surprise you, it did me....I'm kinda upset with my local dealerbecause of it.....[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 03-16-2008, 08:20 AM

Art.....Here is some of the stuff I have been getting from Detroit on these 07 Pace Cars [sm=bangbang.gif]"Message #1" Charles, I had received a note that was forwarded to me indicating you were inquiring about a "Letter of Authenticity" for a 2007 Monte Carlo you recently purchased. As Chevrolet did not produce a NASCAR themed production vehicle in 2007 I am interested in learning what exactly you purchased. Can you provide some details about your vehicle including the Vehicle Identification Number, dealer name, color, and any identifying graphics (decals) that are on it? My guess is you may have purchased a former track support vehicle that was used at one of the Chevy affiliated race tracks in the Southeast. These are vehicles that are used by the particular race track for promotional use and general transportation during the year. Should that be the case, the respective race track may be able to validate for you what the vehicle was used for and by whom.

Jeff Chew
Chevy Racing [sm=bangbang.gif][sm=bangbang.gif]"Message #2" Charles, I asked our regional office in the Southeast to investigate what the situation is with your NASCAR Edition Monte Carlo. As I had originally thought, this is not a GM conversion that was executed by American Vans, Daniel Fields, GA, at 706-795-3344. The NASCAR edition was marketed through American Vans who performed the upfit and sold through your local dealer. Based on those facts, you will need to work through your dealer to procure any documentation as to the authenticity of the vehicle.

Jeff Chew
Marketing Manager-NASCAR
Chevy Racing
M.C. 482-A29-D76
100 Renaissance Center
Detroit, MI 48265
Office: 313-667-8574
Cell: 313-378-6378.................[:@][:@]Art, I havean appointment to talk to a rep. from my dealer on Tuesday the 17th.....to discuss how they are going to help me with this snaffu....Thephonenumber in message #2for Daniel Fieldshas been disconnected.....Mr. Chew has been very helpfull and I do appreciate that,at least heseems to have been honest, more than I can say about my local dealer....I am still on thehunt....I wouldsay your car is in thesame boat as mine....[][][][]

Old 03-17-2008, 01:51 AM

Nice cars, guys. I hope that you both can clarify authenticity. It's unfortunate that a lot times something isn't as it seems. And other times, it's almost as if the upfitting takes away from the car itself, but I don't feel this way in your cases. Those are SHARP. Take care of those gems! )

Old 03-25-2008, 11:44 PM

hi, i just bought a brand new 06 m/c pace car 2 weeks ago.i bought it from volunteer chevrolet in sevierville tn.[they sold another one to a 20 year old girl, also.] i have all kinds of doc. with my car ; officially licened nascar /american specialty trucks inc.booklet saying my i.d #of car,and #29 the production # plus i got a manufacturer's certificate of origin from american specialty trucks inc. shipping the car to the dealer,signed by tracy bridges. the salesmans at volunteer chevrolet name was victor p. fore phone # is[865]428-6655. the #i got for american specialty trucks inc. is 800-421-8267 /[706]795-3344 /fax# [706]795-5286 american specialty trucks inc. 226 east jones chapel road danielsville,ga 30633 i hope that can help you guys good luck.if you guys find out any production # per year please let me know. the dealer told me 1000 were made for 06 but not sure???

Old 03-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on purchasing a very rare Monte Carlo!

Welcome to the site too.

Hope we can help you anyway we can.

We'd love to see some pics of your rare 06 pace car when ever you get a chance to post some.

Enjoy your time here at MCF.

Quick Reply: New 2007 Monte Carlo Pace Car