New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

At my wits end

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Default At my wits end

So recently I posted about my monte revving high before moving and took the advice of some people here and replaced the catalytic converter now the car revvs up to 5000rpm and only goes 20mph I'm at my wits end with this damn car I had the trans rebuilt a while back and all signs are pointing back to the transmission again I'm completely over this damn car and was wondering if anyone can help me pinpoint what's exactly going on with it thinking about selling it as is

Old 10-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Thunderous07
So recently I posted about my monte revving high before moving and took the advice of some people here and replaced the catalytic converter now the car revvs up to 5000rpm and only goes 20mph I'm at my wits end with this damn car I had the trans rebuilt a while back and all signs are pointing back to the transmission again I'm completely over this damn car and was wondering if anyone can help me pinpoint what's exactly going on with it thinking about selling it as is
*Maybe the folks that did the rebuild missed something?
When you mentioned the rebuild it is usually thought that it has been eliminated.
* So the Cat wasn't the problem?
* So how does the rest of the exhaust system appear?
*No kinks?
*You would think it would be throwing some codes?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:55 PM

I had 4 transmissions put in within 4k miles. The first 3 were rebuilds from the warranty company and the last on was a GM reman. The GM one still did the same damn thing. Took it back and it was fixed the next day. I drove it and it was all good. Asked the guy what the did to fix it and he told me that they disconnected the battery over night.............

Old 10-20-2017, 04:19 PM

Which means that the problem's in the electronics. I would keep disconnecting the battery overnight until you can find a better shop.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:40 PM

Old 10-20-2017, 07:40 PM

thats my monte carlo