New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

MY new monte!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: MY new monte!!!

ORIGINAL: 02montehotrodchic

yep .....and im a CHIC BTW....hehehehehe.
lol...i kinda figured that from the name...dont think a guy would use that screen name lol

nice lookin camaro you had there too...i like it..

Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 PM

hey yall(texas word hahahahah)

just washed and waxed the monte so tell me what ya think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:44 PM

Very nice. What product did you use to wax it? I'm about to try the Mother's brand for the first time.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:33 AM

well ive been detailing cars since i was 17. all i use is meguars products. here i will show u some pics of the shine that the products produce. and i only use the meguars gold class. its sooooooo easy to use......

Old 03-03-2007, 12:46 AM

Very nice vette. I used to use Meguiar's as well and never had a bad experience with it, other than some white residue with the older stuff. I am a Zaino convert currently, but the paint job on my Monte is far from perfect so until I get it back that way, I'll use store bought stuff. I'm going to try this Mother's clay bar/carnauba wax comb and see if that helps; if not, then it's back to Meguiar's.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:04 AM

well if ur paint isnt in perfect condition, that justthe situation that im in. i bought my monte not even a month ago, and the previous owner did not take car of their BLACK car. The hood has cracks in it(from getting repainted), and obviously NEVER washed her cause there are bird poop stains EVERYWHERE. but i like meguars cause u can do the whole car then come back and wipe, not sections at a time. i tried to clay bar the poop stains and they didnt come off today. the pics that i have up are pics that i took after washing her and a fresh coat of gold class.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:19 AM

I think we are in similar situations. My hood has what looks like little white slits in it. The first time I washed it, I thought it was just normal white fuzz from my new towel until I realized they weren't coming off. I don't think there's anything that can repair that.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:25 AM

nope. my hubby paints custom hotrods for a livin, and he says this is what happens when a hood gets repainted, and they spray on too much paint. then it cracks...it sux. but im not gonna Not takje car of her. i love black and if have to wipe her down every day to look good i will. ive always been in LOVE with Black ON BLACK!!!!

Old 03-03-2007, 02:47 AM

Then why not have hubby give yours a strip and spray? And while he's at it, I'll bring mine on over as well.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:56 AM

yea right.... maybe i will put that on my birthday list or christmas wish list......

Quick Reply: MY new monte!!!