New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

My first MC

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Default My first MC

Hi to all! My name is Sandi and I'm from Orygun. Bought my first MC a couple of weeks ago, a black'06 SS, I've always been a Pontiac girl, still have my '97 GP, black of course, (is there any other color? LOL! We also have a '73 bird that we are 75% done on the restore. The old hot rod, 455, 4 speed car.
When I decided that I needed a new car, I started looking at Pontiacs G6 GTP, found 1 here locally and was on my way to look at it (and probably buy it). My husband talked me into driving thru the Chevy dealer, which was across the street from the Pontiac dealer. Driving thru the lot, something caught my eye. Right up front was the MC, stoppedto get a better look.I have to admit that at first I wasn't too sure if I liked it or not, (Pontiac loyalty I guess )but after I drove it, I was in LOVE!!! Needless to say, I never did make it to the Pontiac dealer. I actually think thissmall V8 would spank the bird in a 1 on 1. LOL!
So here I are, a Bowtie girl and new to the forum.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: My first MC

hey welcome to the site sandi, you should post up some pics of your SS

glad to have another bow tie fan

Old 04-21-2007, 03:41 PM

Hi []Sandi & Welcome to the MCF
Please post pic's of your collection of cars : )
We look forward to your future post & pic's
Please give the forum a review of your New Monte SS.
Safe/Happy/Fun/Fast Miles in your 06Monte Carlo SS
`Space

Old 04-21-2007, 06:24 PM

see now your husban knows there are good G.M's and then there are those other ones.
LOL

but congrats you will soon find out why we are so loyal to our montes. enjoy the new ride. and yes there are other colors out there like White. and black and white and black oh and white.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Monte Mom

I have to admit that at first I wasn't too sure if I liked it or not, (Pontiac loyalty I guess )but after I drove it, I was in LOVE!!!
It's funny how that happens. I wasn't 100% sure about my Monte either until I drove it. Then, I was hooked!

Welcome, Sandi, to the Official Unofficial Monte Carlo Forum. I know exactly what you're going through with your new love. I was a member of the forum just a couple weeks after I brought Sylvia (that's her name) home. Has anyone crossed another Monte driver on the road and given them the nod? I see it happen all the time. Certain cars carry a certain level of kinship from one owner to another.I believe the Monte Carlo is one of them.

Can't wait to see pics!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 09:00 PM

Welcome to MCF Sandi!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 10:53 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure to be checking out the other topics here and see what I can do to make my car my own. It seems as though you all have some good info here.
In the meantime here's a quick pic of my sexy girls LOL.
73 Firebird, 455/4 speed, my old school hot rod and still pretty much a project
97 Grand Prix GP, bought this one new and seem to be having a hard time letting her go, but I have to sell her soon, Not doing me any good sitting in the backyard.
And of course, my newest beauty the 06 Monte CarloSS. My newest love!!
Will post pictures of the MC by herself when the weather clears and can get her with a nice Orygun view in the background.
Sandi

[IMG]local://upfiles/2425/D7CEB4E0690349F3A2B95BB011B646BB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

is the gp a 4 door or a 2 door??

Old 04-23-2007, 12:25 AM

Forget the GP, that Firebird is HOT!!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:04 AM

The GP is a 2 door. Hubby tried to talk me into a 4 door car but just don't like em. My momma drives a 4 door car!
Had to take the MC to the dealer so they can fix a chip/ding today and hubby drove the bird. I tried my hardest to spank that old bird, but at 100 I chickened out,[sm=boohoo.gif]had to backoff, although I was keeping up with him pretty good. Gonna have to go to the dragstrip when they have thegrudge matches going on and try it there. Safer place to do it!
Thanks 04, lovethat old bird, don't see many of those on the road any more. Another project going on is a custom rebuild on a 66 Tempest. The car is just a shell at this time but we have the bottom end of a pontiac 400 built, 421heads rebuilt, just have to figure out what cam and lifters to put in it. The poor ol wallet is a groanin.

Sandi

[IMG]local://upfiles/2425/D2C5EFA860964A32AB2D8E6D7186B9BC.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: My first MC