New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Mouse in the SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Default Mouse in the SS

Well, Greetings to all! I am Mouse, not IZ lol. I just wrote this but computer shut down and now I have to do it again.
Going thru a divorce, money is tight.
I have a Silverado and had a Cavalier but b/c of the divorce I needed to bring the value of my cars down, the Cavalier was worth too much, sounds wrong but it's the truth.
I only had 2 days to find and buy a car so I called some friends. Mike sent me pics of this hot lil SS. I was also looking @ a Z28, 4-runner, and a Honda van, all were @ $3000. As soon as my 14yr old boy got outta school I text him and we went looking. Mike told me he just got the car from his FIL and he got it from the auction. (not a big fan of the auction) My son and I looked the car over and found a few problems but nothing too bad. We drove the car and it was just cool, it was comfortable, it handled well, it had all the upgrades, and it seemed like a solid car. We knew it leaked oil, we knew it needed front end work but that is stuff we do for fun (we rebuild tractors for fun). My son was so excited it was an SS I just had to buy it!!
I had to sell my old car and @ the last min I lost $1500 on the sale of it. I almost didn't go thru w/ the deal but when I got home I realized I had to buy the SS.
#1 My kids are getting so big so fast
#2 I just had a hip replaced and need the extra room
#3 If I didn't do it now, I'd have to wait for the divorce to be over, about 3-4mo.
#4 The car is so cool, I knew all the kids would love it.
I bought the car. I text my daughter and asked if she wanted to go out for ice cream in the new car. She said she'd be ready in 10min My daughter, 16, has been going back and forth about her DL, she'll drive a few times and then give up, she won't drive for a few mo and she forgets the rules of the road....it's frustrating. I pick her up and she's all smiles. We've never had a car like this, it's been the truck, van, and small car so she was impressed. Just a few miles down the road she asks "hey dad? Can I have ur car? I think I could drive this one." She was all smiles and so was I. She loved everything about the car, the moon roof, the power everything, the comfort and ease of handling. I told her if she got her DL I would let her use the car anytime she wanted.
The rest of the kids loved the new car, the boys can't used to the idea dad has a SS lol. Both the girls want the car for themselves. Even the X wife and her new BF liked the car, they couldn't believe I only paid $3000. Last night was the first night all the kids were in the car @ once, while I was driving I asked if everyone had enough room, only one said he could use more space but when I asked if it were better than the Cavalier they all laughed and said yes.
I've had the car for almost a week now and I've been working on the small things like an oil change, flushing the coolant, and adding bolts that are missing. I know I have to replace the front hubs next and plan to do it this weekend. I just did the ones on my truck so I can't see it being that bad but the car has been abused so we'll have to wait and see.
Thank God I found this site!! I belong to a tractor site and I know I can get all the help I need right here!!
C U around
Mouse

Old 03-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Greetings & Salutations!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

to the forum!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a pretty nice Monte!

You should post some pics!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome and congrats on the Monte!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the MCF! Can`t wait to see so picks of the hot new ride! And I can`t help but wonder what a valuable Cavalier looks like, so posts picks of it sometime if you have a chance. I guarantee that member here will be able to help you whip the MonteCarlo up into twice the car the Cavalier ever was!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome!!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:37 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Welcome to the Forum

Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like getting that SS is working out for the best. It's cool that your kids enjoy it too

Old 03-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum ..

Quick Reply: Mouse in the SS