New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Mods for cheap

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Default Mods for cheap

I got a 06 monte ss with a cai,and super flow 40's but im trying to find other things i can do to get a little more horsepower i was looking into jet for the flashed maf sensor and the stage 2 chip but if theres better then i would rather get that..

Old 08-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

no chips! nothing from Jet period!

maybe try here..http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62 .there are a few guys here that can point you in the right direction tomorrow!

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 08-23-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:50 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

It is not a cheap option at all, but you could go the turbo route. I got mine from CARTUNING.CA and I love it. The only hard part about that is the price. I planned for 6 months before I was able to get mine, but I couldn't be happier. The people here are very friendly and knowledgeable. They should be able to help you as you need it. Good luck with your mods.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 PM

I already ordered the jet maf sensor and stage 2 chip...they dont work at all, i can send the stuff back when i receive it..im not trying to get extreme gains i still want it to be a daily driver, but comfortably in the 13's

Old 08-24-2010, 08:03 PM

2010 Monte Of The Year

What part of O-H are you coming from? I'm originally from Grove City. Heading North into Columbus on I-71 I lived on the exit right before 270.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:07 PM

I live in youngstown Oh but im currently in cali till the end of my enlistment in the USMC.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 PM

Yeah, to get into the 13's with the least amount of money spent is going to be tough for you. You have the V8 model and there really hasn't been a demand for mods for them. Your best bet would be a custom turbo setup but realistically the 06 on up just doesn't have anything out there.

You may be able to sneak it there though by putting in a K&N drop in filter, port the exhaust manifolds a slight bit but more importantly polish the inside to make the exhaust slide out easier. Take off the heads and just polish them to remove anything rough but get them milled down to raise compression and get yourself a custom tune from a dyno shop. This would be the cheapest way but I have no idea if it would get you to the 13's.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:23 PM

I know i used to own a 97 grand prix gtp and there was all kinds of mods and i figured with a v8, it would be a bigger base,with the same amount of mods but i was wrong.I found some mods but i wasnt to sure how they would turn out.Ill guess ill have to find a track here in cali and run it and see what i get..

Old 08-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

here is a good read posted before about Jet performance/chips.....

Performance chips

Old 08-24-2010, 08:28 PM

2010 Monte Of The Year

Well... You could remove the DOD and put on a FAST intake manifold. Along with the head work suggested by '04 Intimidator'. The intake manifold on your LS4 is the most restrictive part of your engine. Also, I will look tomorrow at work, there is a company that has developed "shorty headers" for our engine. I have the same car as you and I drive mine to work everyday. I have the CARTUNING.CA turbo that I mentioned earlier and it is a completely street legal/tame setup that has allowed me to DESTROY every car that I have come up against. (Except a Cobra that ran 6.3 in the 1/8th) A custom dyno tune is a MUST for you to get the most out of the car. I HIGHLY recommend the turbo though. http://cartuning.ca/products/product...rlo&engine=ls4 Good luck and happy killing!

Quick Reply: Mods for cheap