New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Meets or get togethers

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Photobucket
Default Meets or get togethers

Like I said, I just joined this forum today and am already pretty happy about it. I was just wondering if there were any like... club meets or weekly get togethers in my area, or how I would find out about something like that. I live in Oceanside, CA and I am stationed at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, if anyone knows about or would like to start some sort of weekly meet in the area let me know.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Default RE: Meets or get togethers

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

Like I said, I just joined this forum today and am already pretty happy about it. I was just wondering if there were any like... club meets or weekly get togethers in my area, or how I would find out about something like that. I live in Oceanside, CA and I am stationed at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, if anyone knows about or would like to start some sort of weekly meet in the area let me know.
I feel you man, I wish there were a group of monte owners up here so we could have a meet this summer. Maybe I'll post a thread on all the Monte boards and see what I can come up with. I'm up in Portland, you're more than welcome to join us.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Photobucket

All the Monte board? How many are there and what are some of the others? I'm totally new to this so I don't know anything about it. But thanks for replying, lol.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:59 PM

All the Monte board? How many are there and what are some of the others? I'm totally new to this so I don't know anything about it. But thanks for replying, lol.
Yeah, there's a few out there, although the only one that get's regular traffic is kinda weak cause thier site is noticeably slower than here. I don't know if the admin would like me linking to other sites so I'll just say do a google search for monte carlo forum and see what you find!

Old 06-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Photobucket

Yeah thats actually how I found this one. I did see like, one or two others that didn't look all that great, so I stuck with this one, but I will keep looking and checking them out. thanks a bunch for the "hospitality"

Old 06-11-2005, 09:09 PM

Yeah thats actually how I found this one. I did see like, one or two others that didn't look all that great, so I stuck with this one, but I will keep looking and checking them out. thanks a bunch for the "hospitality"
No problem man, hopefully you can stick around and contribute, we could always use more traffic here. So have you done any mods to your car?

Old 06-11-2005, 09:30 PM

There are quite a few MC clubs in the east, but I have not seen very much activity other wise. I am sure there have to be some out there we don't know about, but I like your idea of starting one up.

TVW

Old 06-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Photobucket

Yeah, I have done a few things, nothing too big or too expensive, just custom paint job, rims, K&N Aircharger, SLP Headers, SLP Loudmouth Cat-Back exhaust system. I saw this Electric Cutout I wanted to get, it was pretty cool, it has a switch inside the car to open or close the cutout valve, and it was only like $150 for the whole kit, it was umm... Quicktime Performance that makes it. LOL, this is what most Marines do with deployment money, ha ha. I Spent 9 months in Iraq and have nothing to show for it except my Monte and a few mods. What have you done to yours?

Old 06-12-2005, 12:53 AM

Yeah, I have done a few things, nothing too big or too expensive, just custom paint job, rims, K&N Aircharger, SLP Headers, SLP Loudmouth Cat-Back exhaust system. I saw this Electric Cutout I wanted to get, it was pretty cool, it has a switch inside the car to open or close the cutout valve, and it was only like $150 for the whole kit, it was umm... Quicktime Performance that makes it. LOL, this is what most Marines do with deployment money, ha ha. I Spent 9 months in Iraq and have nothing to show for it except my Monte and a few mods. What have you done to yours?
I'm hatin', I wish I could spend money like that on my monte, but I'm a single father so I gotta prioritize. I have quite the list of mods on my 3 week old Monte, you ready?

Cool Water air freshener
Chrome license plate frames w/smoked plate cover
DynoMax Super Turbo dual exhaust
custom swirl marks

Don't be jealous!

Old 06-12-2005, 04:43 AM
Photobucket

Hey, I'm all about the air freshener man, I had NuCar, but that wore out so I have Strawberry in there now. w/the pine tree hangin from the mirror, oh yeah. Dual exhaust, your gettin there man, one thing at a time right? I have been trying to figure out what my next mod should be, i dont know where else to go from here. I was thinking maybe turbo or supercharger, but its a royal pain to find that kind of stuff for an 04 Monte. the only place I could find cool stuff for my car was The Monte Carlo Store. They have some decent stuff. this is actually where I saw that cutout valve, you should give it a look.

Quick Reply: Meets or get togethers