New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

MC newbie

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Default RE: MC newbie

I am in St. Louis. It is an amazing job. I get paid to talk to people about classic cars! Couldn't ask for much more. Yes I am in sales.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:29 AM

[align=center]Hi `Brad,[/align][align=center]I really like the plans you have for your SS.[/align][align=center]Please keep us updated/plus pic's are always appreciated.[/align][align=center]You are really lucky, & got a super deal.[/align][align=center]I know they are kind of Expensive,[/align][align=center]but the below would be SuperSuper in your Monte : )[/align][align=center][:-]
ZZ4 CRATE MOTOR

Part Number: 24502609
[/align][align=center]Price: $ 4044.00 [X(][/align][align=center]
Really not to bad for a new one : )

GM CRATE ENGINE ZZ4

The ZZ4 GM Crate motor generates 355 horsepower.
This is our most popular GM Crate Engine, and you can see why!
[/align][align=center][:-]WoW[/align][align=center]
This GM Crate motor comes complete with aluminum cylinder heads and intake manifold.The ZZ4 GM Crate motor has proven it self over the years as a perfect match for your Classic rebuild car, Streetrod as well as your custom project[/align][align=center]Source below:[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.crateenginedepot.com/[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Brad, wish U good luck with your `Monte - 4-Sure : )[/align][align=center]I envy your SS & your `job [/align][align=center]Good Luck `Space[/align][align=center]Look 4-ward to your future posts.[/align][/align]

Old 03-03-2008, 04:45 PM

Yeah, Crate engines are not bad for the money but being in the Classic Car field I can also see the value in keeping the car matching numbers. So that is my plan, unless I tear into it and find a cracked block or something. I will keep the 305 and do some upgrades to give it a little more "*****", if you will.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:07 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: bkcmsu

Yeah, Crate engines are not bad for the money but being in the Classic Car field I can also see the value in keeping the car matching numbers. So that is my plan, unless I tear into it and find a cracked block or something. I will keep the 305 and do some upgrades to give it a little more "*****", if you will.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Brad,[/align][align=center]I understand your position. You are a wise auto investor [/align][align=center]I checked out your link & WoW, do you have some[/align][align=center]dream cars...Could I come `up and camp out ? : ) (jk)[/align][align=center]You have a SuperSuper `Job[/align][align=center]I really/really like this one[/align][align=center][:-]
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster
Stock #536-CHA

1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster for Sale
PRICE - $85,000[/align][align=center](I don't even have that much in Monopoly Monte : )
[:-][/align][align=center]To dare 2 dream.[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post. Look forward to your updates to your SS,[/align][align=center]especially when you give her some `***** : )[/align][align=center]Plus updated pic's are always appreciated.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align]

Old 03-04-2008, 05:02 AM

Hi `Brad,
I found the below in my Search, & I thought you would appreciate.
Super Low Miles 4-Sure.
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
18K miles - $17,500[align=center] [/align]Showing photo #19

document.getElementById('tag1').childNodes[0].nodeValue = 'Showing photo #19';

[/align]
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, Black/Burgandy, 18,714 Miles
1985 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SS. ALL ORIGINAL WITH 18,714 MILES ON IT WITH THE ORIGINAL GOODYEAR EAGLE GT TIRES, 5.0 LITER (305HO), TH200-4R TRANSMISSION WITH OVERDRIVE, 15x7 RALLY WHEELS, AIR CONDITIONING VERY COLD, POWER WINDOWS, POWER DOOR LOCKS, POWER TRUNK OPENER, POWER STEERING, GAUGE PACKAGE, POWER DISC/DRUM BRAKES, TINTED GLASS, COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS FRONT AND BACK, ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER, BUCKET SEATS WITH CONSOLE, TWIN REMOTE SPORT MIRRORS, ELECTRIC SPEED CONTROL WITH RESUME SPEED, AUXILIARY LIGHTING, AM/FM STEREO RADIO WITH STEREO CASSETTE TAPE. THERE ARE TWO SMALL MARKS ON THE HOOD (SEE PICTURES) THE CAR WAS PURCHASED BY THE ORIGINAL OWNER AT M & S CHEVROLET, INC. IN HIGHLAND, NEW YORK. HE SOLD IT BACK IN 1998 WITH 4,900 MILES. SECOND OWNER WAS FROM POUGHKEEPSIE, NEW YORK. HE SOLD IT TO ME IN MAY OF 2001 WITH 10,857 MILES. CAR NOW HAS 18,714 MILES AT THE TIME OF LISTING. THIS CAR IS A 21 YEAR OLD NEW CAR. YOU WILL NOT FOUND A BETTER 85 MONTE CARLO SS. WINNING BIDDER TO SEND $2,500 NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT WITH IN 72 HOURS OF END OF AUCTION PAYMENT IN CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY, REMAINDER WITH IN TEN (10) DAYS BEFORE PICKUP. WINNING BIDDER IS ALSO FOR PICKING UP CAR AND ANY SHIPPING COSTS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME AT 1-551-655-4798 AND ASK FOR JERRY. I HAVE MORE PICTURES I CAN EMAIL AND I CAN TAKE MORE ALSO. THANKS FOR LOOKING AND HAVE A GREAT DAY.

THIS CAR HAS MANY TROPHIES I LISTED SOME BELOW

AYRES CHEVROLET SHOW (POINTS SHOW) CLASS 1980-89 FIRST PLACE IN CLASS

WYCOFF HIGH SCHOOL SHOW (POINTS SHOW) CLASS 1980-89 FIRST PLACE IN CLASS

NEW JERSEY NATURAL GLASS CORVETTE CLUB SHOWS (POINTS SHOWS)
CLASS 1980-89
2002 FIRST PLACE
2003 FIRST PLACE
2004 FIRST PLACE
2005 FIRST PLACE
2006 SECOND PLACE

AND MANY MORE TROPHIES

Old 03-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

congrats on the new ride and welcome to the site. the car looks awesome

Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Thanks everyone! If it would stop snowing here I could get my car to my shop to work on it! Ha ... but we got about 10 inches today. Ain't no way the Monte is going out in the snow.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:05 AM

Well, bad news for me! My gf just lost her job, so I need to sell the Monte before I even get to enjoy it. With buying it and shipping it I have $4500 in the car. I need to get that back. I'm not trying to make money here but it needs to go. Please don't offer less as I will turn it down. I just need to get that money back to pay her bills off so her credit doesn't go to ****. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply: MC newbie