New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

MC newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Default MC newbie

Hey all, I just bought a 1985 Monte Carlo SS with all the options... it's pretty pimp. I am a Ford guy but love me some Monte. It needs some work but will be a beast soon. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Default RE: MC newbie

You mean, ... You "were" a Ford Guy.

If you are driving Monte Carlo ... You're a "Chevy Guy" now!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:06 AM

Hi `Brad, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family
[:-]
Please tell us all about your Monte, & what your
plans are for it. Look'in forward to seeing your pic's.
Does it have the 5L ? What does it need ?
WoW, RWD Monte SS : ) You are lucky to have one.
I just about got one, but things didn't work out : (
Use the forum's Search Engine to explore your questions.
Wish you good luck with your Monte Carlo.
I like cars, and there are some great Ford Products, but
I prefer GM : ).
Look forward to your posts.
`Space

Old 03-01-2008, 10:36 AM

OK it is a 85 Monte Carlo SS with the 5.0 HO, automatic, with 3.73 posi. Power windows, locks, tilt, power trunk, rear defrost, rally wheels, A/C still blowing cold, AM/FM cassette, tinted windows.... every option available that year as I said before. It runs and drives good, little sloppy in the steering and could use paint, but the body is very straight and rust free inside and out. Picked it up for $4000. I am going to tear the car down to the frame. Redo everything on the frame, rebuild the engine and transmission adding a few power adders like a bigger cam, dfferent intake and carb and some full length headers running to 3" Flowmaster exhaust. My father does classic car interiors so I will have him do something custom inside, thinking black and red As far as appearance I am going to paint the car back to black, remove the orange and red striping and just have the Monte Carlo SS on the sides in red, and of course a 3" cowl hood. Wheels I am uncertain at this point but I like the way the AR Torque Thrust 2's look. Any suggestion on a cam/intake/carb combination please let me know!Anything that has been tried and worked well or didn't work well I'd love to know!

Old 03-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Old 03-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Brad!

I've always liked the style of your 85 SS. For years I wanted one, but could never afford one. Now that I can afford it, they're very rare. At least around here anyway. Most have been converted to drag racers.

Hope you enjoy your Chevy! I imagine you must be taking a beating from all your Ford-loving buddies.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 AM

Yes, that is where I work. We have two showrooms right now and almost 400 cars. Getting ready to open another showroom in Atlanta and then we will have nearly 600 cars and will be the biggest classic car house in the USA and maybe the world. It is a sweet job. And we have a 72 and a 74 Monte right now.

Quick Reply: MC newbie