New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Lost in Cyber `Space : )

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Lost in Cyber `Space : )

[align=center]Hello EveryOne,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've missed everybody on the MCF Forum, and reading[/align][align=center]your post about your Monte Carlo's, and your life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It seems the MCF has been attacked by cyber terrorist [&:][:@], &[/align][align=center]targeted many, including `SpaceRider[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]SpaceRider'sscreen-name was frozen, Profile/Gallery/Sig Deleted,[/align][align=center]and the MOTM Thread destroyed. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]*Moderator `Taz had just rebuilt the Winner's Thread,[/align][align=center]and even blocked `it so no one could edit, even the creator[/align][align=center]of the thread.[/align][align=center](Thanks Mod `Taz for your dedication to the MCF)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Moderator Wiz Kidd was also having major problems[/align][align=center]when he attempted to get onto the MCF : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Every time I attempted to log on my screen would freeze, &[/align][align=center]I would have to run a virus scan/defrag & disk clean.[/align][align=center]It's been very frustrating, but a great test of patience & [/align][align=center]temper control.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Since the attack/crash of the MCF, it seems our World also is[/align][align=center]under attack & falling apart. I expected a major increase in the[/align][align=center]price of fuel/gas, but I didn't imagine the devastating affect[/align][align=center]that it would have on so many in our World.[/align][align=center]Did our leaders have their heads in the sand, or just in their bank accounts ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Because of the high cost in life, I am finishing my degree online, and[/align][align=center]really need my old slow `puter to finish. My computer has not[/align][align=center]been the same, since the attack/crash : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Update on `Space,[/align][align=center]A tropical Storm with high winds hit hard &[/align][align=center]A tree fell on my tin can home & totaled `it, & I'm now back living[/align][align=center]@ my grandfathers condo (4-now).[/align][align=center]The Beach Bum's are now all employed by a contractor painting[/align][align=center]apartments.[/align][align=center]My g/f is finishing her nurses training in Daytona &[/align][align=center]we only get together a few times a week.[/align][align=center]My grandfather has a new rich girlfriend, and is[/align][align=center]now out @ sea with her in the tropic's.[][/align][align=center]He still has his Vette, but I don't drive it that much.[/align][align=center]Still work'in seven nights a week, and still wash'in cars/boats[/align][align=center]part time with the `Bums.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think things are bad until I watch/read the World News.[/align][align=center]There are so many in our World that have it worse then us.[/align][align=center]I don't know what our future holds, but I hope that we can find[/align][align=center]a leader that can attack the problems, and resolve the multitude of[/align][align=center]complex troubled area's in our country.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's a sad state of affairs, [X(]4-Sure.[/align][align=center]I shall continue on my life's `journey in pursuit of happiness.[/align][align=center]I haven't had time to search for another Monte Carlo, but[/align][align=center]I hope in the near future that I will again be a proud owner[/align][align=center]of another Monte Carlo, Oh, and that there's gas to drive `it : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks Moderator `Taz -Lou-, Duane, Chris, GP `Dave, RJ, Richard, & all[/align][align=center]members for your post concerns. I really appreciate 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]The BeachBum`s & I wish everyone a[/align][align=center]Peaceful/Happy `Journey in `Life[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]in your Monte Carlo's,[/align][align=center]Good Luck to `all[/align][align=center]The Bum`s & the `Kid[/align]

Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default RE: Lost in Cyber `Space : )

Glad to haveyou back Space.
Sorry to hear anout your "tin can" but at least you are ok.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm glad that you are ok, welcome back Space!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:02 PM

space d00d i got a spot for you anytime u need it

Old 07-01-2008, 01:56 PM

[align=center]Thanks much, `Becky, `Amy, `Chris & `all.[/align][align=center]My computer is still acting `up & Im still having a difficult time[/align][align=center]posting/viewing/reading posts.[/align][align=center]Administrator `Patrick wrote to me & stated:[/align][align=center]"`Space,They arent exactly hackers, but "bots" that found a weakness in our server security, and our software wasnt able to defend itself. The fix is in the works, but its a very involved process, and it also required vast server upgrades."[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center][:-]ReSearch on Bots for MCF Infor [:-][/align][align=center]One thing that grabbed my attention, and may grab yours, is the skyrocketing growth in Bots (PC’s that are controlled by hackers using a worm or Trojan with a backdoor), and skyrocketing may be too subtle of a word.

According to Symantec, there has been a 450% increase in virus attacks on Windows machines this year, and the reason for this shocking rise in attacks is the product of hackers using automation to find vulnerable machines. The major component in these automated attacks is the increasingly popular backdoor element that is written into the viruses. This allows the hacker to take control of your PC and use it to his/her bidding, like trying to infect other machines or mass mailing.
[/align]
Something that is gaining popularity among these ambitious hackers has been to manage all of their captive PC’s like one big network. This gives the hacker not only limitless processing power but makes it almost impossible for authorities to track down the culprit. Not to mention malicious acts could be preformed from your PC without your knowledge and possibly even causing you to be accused of ill deeds. In addition to automation being directly responsible for the sharp increase in infected PC’s it has also caused a 100% increase in the amount of phishing sites. Which, if you remember, is when a site will spoof a legitimate site in order to trick you into giving up sensitive information such as credit card numbers and account information. Hackers are even renting or selling these annexed networks to other criminals to carry out their illegal acts.
A test done by marketing communications firm Avant-Garde in which they put a number of different systems in a “Honey Pot†situation, with a number of different configurations from XP SP1 and SP2, with and without firewalls, and even other OS’s like Mac OS X, and Linux. With a broadband connection the Windows XP SP1 configured machine with no firewall was taken over and controlled in 30 seconds. On average it took about 4 minutes for a hacker to take control of one of these PC’s, but the systems with firewalls were for the most part left alone for easier prey.
In order to lower your chances of being infected make sure you have all your software up-to-date, antivirus software installed, and a firewall. One thing to keep in mind is that most firewalls have some sort of log that has the ip address of everything coming into or out of your PC. No one is completely immune to viruses regardless of whatever defensive measures you may have in place, which means you have to watch your step and take responsibility for your own online safety.
Stay safe out there,
[align=center]I hope that everything is fixed soon, for everyBody [8D][/align][align=center]"Life isin constantchange....4-Sure"[/align][align=center]Some Good ~ Some Bad[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"Life, we must continue to Drive `it to the Finish Line"[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/4301/6CA069C366084E3C844D51F9CCB97CF0.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Welcome back Space. We all sure did miss you here. The forum was screwed up for me too until the last week or two. Im sorry to hear about your house, hopefully you find somewhere else to live. As long as you have a place to call home then life is still good. I doubt you were too upset with moving back into a condo tho

Old 07-02-2008, 05:55 AM

[align=center]Hi `Matt/Members,[/align][align=center]Thanks 4 your post. I'm sure that Admin `Patrick & Gang[/align][align=center]will have everything corrected on the MCFin the near future.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]How was your graduation ? R U ready 4 tech school ?[/align][align=center]Wish you good luck...4-Sure![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I also hope our Moderating Staff considers having a [/align][align=center]special election for June 08 MOTM.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's sad that the MOTM Winner's Thread was destroyed,[/align][align=center]but I'm sure with time that it will be rebuilt & even better.[/align][align=center]Moderator `Taz spent a lot of histime rebuilding after the main[/align][align=center]hit. I'm sure that he is very frustrated [X(][:@][X(], but [/align][align=center]I admire his dedication to the MCF.[/align][align=center]_________________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm happy to be back living on the `Beach, but I did like[/align][align=center]living in the `tin can. I like having my own place, but I am [/align][align=center]going to wait until I finish school to get another place.[/align][align=center]Living with G/P has it limitation/restrictions.[/align][align=center]Now, I'm working a lot of hours & trying to save $'s.[/align][align=center]I don't have too much `free time, now.[/align][align=center]Wish you & all a great summer. I try to make the best of[/align][align=center]each day, no matter what the circumstances.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck to You & your Awesome Monte : )[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-02-2008, 06:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Graduation was good, but it was long and it was hot outside. Ive already started getting money even though I havent had my party yet. Thats always a good thing cause I know Im gonna need it soon. I have everything ready to go up to Wyotech, my apartment, I have all my furniture and I signed up for my classes. All thats left to do is move me and my crap up there. Im really looking forward to it.

I sure hope everything works out for you, but I know no matter what happens you will still make the best of it.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:48 AM

Hi `Matt,
Sounds like a great educational adventure. Also, I hope you
get big $ bucks @ your graduation party.
(I'd like 2 get U a gallon of `gas, but can't afford it right now: )
Look 4-ward to your future updates on your review of your classes & what U R learning. Are you taking your
Monte Carlo ? When you finish your training are you going
to give special discounts to the MCF Members ?
[8D]"Matt's Quality AutoBody Custom Paint & DeSigns" [8D]
Good Luck `Matt

Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 AM

Welcome back space.Time for some more of your dream cars.

Quick Reply: Lost in Cyber `Space : )