New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Looking for projectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Default Looking for projectors

Hey all,

I'm looking for projector headlights for my father's 2006 Monte Carlo. He likes the projectors/HIDs I have on my car, and while getting the HID bulbs/ballasts are very easy for me, I haven't found anything worth spending money on yet as far as the projector assemblies go. I've seen cheap ones like the assemblies on ebay and "ricey" tuner sites. All I see, though, are the ones with angel eyes (which don't belong on anything but a BMW), LED corners, too much chrome, etc....nothing subtle, way too shouty, and very ugly.

So my question is, what are my options? Spend $200 or so on ebay for OEM headlights, then bake them, and retrofit projectors in them? Is there really anything else that I can do to achieve what I want?

Thanks for reading,
Craig

Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Default RE: Looking for projectors

god bot and insannity have them on there cars they should be able to help u. and welcom to the sight. and do u have a monte?

Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 04superjr

god bot and insannity have them on there cars they should be able to help u. and welcom to the sight. and do u have a monte?
thanks, i'll have to PM them. and no, i don't have one.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:41 PM

hey man. welcome. there is a thread in the doit yourself section were maverick wrote a very good diy for it. there are links on were to get them. they have been seen for less than 200 to up to 400 links are there. enjoi. lets see some pics

btw they arent on the car anymore.. should be returning in the spring. i had to send them back for led failiure. but im the only one that has had that problem so you should be good.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:40 AM

ORIGINAL: inssanity21

hey man. welcome. there is a thread in the doit yourself section were maverick wrote a very good diy for it. there are links on were to get them. they have been seen for less than 200 to up to 400 links are there. enjoi. lets see some pics

btw they arent on the car anymore.. should be returning in the spring. i had to send them back for led failiure. but im the only one that has had that problem so you should be good.
cool, thanks. i'll have to check those out.

google "bone stock white 2006 monte", you'll get a pic of his car, lol.

but he does also have a black 87 monte SS that's in storage right now...

Old 01-19-2009, 04:14 PM

I have the eBay projectors which are the only headlights that I know of that aren't stock for these cars however they are not a HID projector. You can put the HIDs in these lights but with them not suited for HID use they will do the whole bright lights all the time look.

Depending on how much experience you have with baking/retrofitting to get what you want that may just be you're best bet as it sounds like you don't like the one that we have.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Hello, I would buy the Halo Projector headlights, they are great looking, they come in chrome if you don't want them in black

Go to ebay search for monte carlo projector headlights and they will come up, Revotec is a great ebay seller that is who alot of us bought from.

Then Hid convert them with a H3 Bulb Hid kit and pick your temperature color that you want your light bulbs to be, I have 12000k

The Hid kit is about 100 dollars, I recommend buying from HIDWORLD who is a seller on ebay, look them up by searching for H3 HID Kit.

The link to my full instructions for this conversion is below

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/19

Below is the fog light Hid install as well

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/5

Old 01-22-2009, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

I have the eBay projectors which are the only headlights that I know of that aren't stock for these cars however they are not a HID projector. You can put the HIDs in these lights but with them not suited for HID use they will do the whole bright lights all the time look.

Depending on how much experience you have with baking/retrofitting to get what you want that may just be you're best bet as it sounds like you don't like the one that we have.
ORIGINAL: mavrickf1613

Hello, I would buy the Halo Projector headlights, they are great looking, they come in chrome if you don't want them in black

Go to ebay search for monte carlo projector headlights and they will come up, Revotec is a great ebay seller that is who alot of us bought from.

Then Hid convert them with a H3 Bulb Hid kit and pick your temperature color that you want your light bulbs to be, I have 12000k

The Hid kit is about 100 dollars, I recommend buying from HIDWORLD who is a seller on ebay, look them up by searching for H3 HID Kit.

The link to my full instructions for this conversion is below

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/19

Below is the fog light Hid install as well

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/5

the problem with the ebay ones is they look good on a 16 year old's car......but this is my father's car. i really, really don't want anything that doesn't pretty much look OEM. which means definitely no angel eyes, and no LED turn signals, or LEDs anywhere. thanks for the suggestions, though.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: djmatty

the problem with the ebay ones is they look good on a 16 year old's car......but this is my father's car. i really, really don't want anything that doesn't pretty much look OEM. which means definitely no angel eyes, and no LED turn signals, or LEDs anywhere. thanks for the suggestions, though.
cmon im sure that he wants to feel young again! just tell him it will make him feel 10 years younger lol