New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Just got my first Monte

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Default Just got my first Monte

Hello everyone. I just got my first Monte Carlo.

Its a black '07 Monte Carlo LT.

It has just over 29K miles on it. I'm a little worried since this is the first used car I've ever bought. I've read a lot of consumer reviews and seen several complaining of transmission issues. Those reviews and the fact that it used to be a rental car has me wondering.

I've always liked Monte Carlo's, so when I saw this nice looking black one, I had to go take it for a test drive. That was all it took.

Unfortunately, on the way home from the dealership, it was telling me to service the tire pressure monitoring system. That wasn't showing during the test drive. I'm taking it back in to have them fix iton monday. Also having them check the seal on the windshield since I see a few lines dried up from drops of water running down the inside of the windshield.

I hope I haven't made a big mistake.

I'll post some pics as soon as i can give it a bath.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Just got my first Monte

Welcome, which spoiler does it have?

Is it flat or flipped up?

I've seen a number of 07 or 06 LT's &LS'swith the 'surfboard' or flat spoiler lately.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:28 PM

It must be the flipped up, its definately not flat.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:35 PM

If you are concerned about the tranny, you have the 100k warranty.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

The 2007 looks great in black. There's a lot of members here with '06 and '07 Monte Carlos.
The tire pressure monitoring system was changed for the '06 & '07 models. The 2000-2005 models use the antilock braking system to monitor tire pressure. The 06 & 07 models (referred to here as 7th generation) I believe have a pressure sensor inside the wheel that sends a signal to the computer. Some of the 7th gen owners here should be able to help you with questions on you tire pressure.

I don't think you made a mistake. You should enjoy many years of reliable service from your 2007 Monte.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:49 PM

I'm also concerned about the things that won't be covered any more after 36,000 miles. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the extended warranty before then.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Roadkill

I'm also concerned about the things that won't be covered any more after 36,000 miles. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the extended warranty before then.
Someone here posted the list of things that weren't covered like *****, trim, a/c vents and other plastic and rubber high usage items.

All mechanical and electrical systems are definitely covered.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:21 PM

You should have the 5 yr 100k mile powertrain warranty.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:34 PM

There was a bulletin for that tire pressure sensor issue on our '06/'07s where the dealer needs to replace the receiver in the dash. There is a thread about it somewhere on this forum and I'd totally search for it right now for you and post a link but here at home I have extremely slow dial-up.

My car was a rental as well, but we didn't find out until we had already bought it and found a rental receipt stuck up under one of the seats, dad was pretty pissed. But I think I'm still sitting right around 49k and it's been running just fine, I've put the last 32k on it myself.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the replies and the welcomes.

SolaraSlayer - thanks, I'll search for the post with that list of items covered.

God_Bot - thanks, I'll search for that post regarding the tire pressure sensor. Its good to hear that your ex-rental car is fine. That does make me feel a little better.

Thanks to all. This seems like a great bunch of people on these forums.

Here's a couple pics (if I do this right). Its nothing fancy, but I like it. (it still needs a bath tho)

[IMG]local://upfiles/3888/03A46820FDBD441893E4ED555574AB53.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Just got my first Monte