New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Irregular coolant temperature heating

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:23 AM
Default Irregular coolant temperature heating

Hello everybody. I just brought a 2007 monte carlo ss and I wondering if anybody had the same issue I'm currently having. Currently my car is heating up over the halfway mark. It never overheats to the point I have to turn off my vehicle. However it bothers the heck out of me because I dont want to ever get stuck somewhere because my car is overheating. To be proactive I replace with a brand new radiator, hoses, thermostat, and water pump, yet the needle is still raising up more than halfway mark. I was told I may need to check out the relay for the fans and possible replace the fans. Does anyone have any input or suggestions for me? Also notice the transmission is starting to slip and just received a check engine light yesterday and I'm thinking it may be related by I cant pin point it.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Wow you really tried to solve the overheating problem for sure. With all that changed it might be a relay for the fans. However some of the cars will run in that range to.
I have a Pontiac SUV with a 3400 in it that over heats I cant get thru a dive thru sometimes with out shutting it off. Still trying to solve that.
The transmission slip is a common thing on the 6th and 7th gen Montes.
Most of the folks have had them rebuilt, check the color of the fluid, it should be Red, Brown needs service.
I know of a few folks who have added in the Lucas Oil trans additive and seen some results.
Hope you solve it.
if you haven't tried it yet you might google the issue and see if there are some other folks who have fixed theirs, I also check youtube as well