New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Introducing myself...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Default Introducing myself...

Greetings!

I figured I would stop in and introduce myself. My name is Jerry and I'm from North-Central Ohio. I've been a Monte Carlo owner for around 7 years or so now. I started off with a Royal Navy Blue 2002 Monte Carlo SS with the "peanut butter" leather interior that I bought used with around 65K miles on it. I had it for a year before I had to drop another engine into it due to a spun connecting rod bearing. Other than that and some pesky on-going transmission issues, it has been a great car and now has 165K miles on it.

I'd been driving past a local used car dealer here in town recently that had a 2007 SS on their lot for a week or so, and had my wife with me at one point and mentioned how I wished I could get it. I have a son of driving-age (though he's not driving just yet) and she said, "You know, if you get that car, then you can give your Monte to him." So, I called the dealer the next day, went for a test drive and 3 hours later I had the keys in my hand! The color is Laser Blue Metallic with silver trim, and black leather interior. Again, this one had 65K miles on it as well and I don't normally do this, but I bought an extended 2-year/24K mile warranty on it, which I am glad I did. I won't go into detail here, since this is for introduction purposes, but will be seeking advice in the proper section.

Ever since the 6th gen Monte Carlos came out, I've liked the look of them. Their styling reminded me of the mid-80s models and I hope to one day get myself an 85-86 SS. One of these days maybe.

My father is also a Monte Carlo man now. He purchased a 74 Monte Carlo Landau a couple years ago with 35K original miles that had been sitting for close to 20 years after being through 2 floods. The original owner had been wanting to fix/restore it but never got around to it. Luckily he had the car Ziebart'ed when he bought it so surprisingly it was still in pretty decent shape. Dad has been working on restoring it a little at a time and has dropped a new 260HP 350 crate engine into it. He did get the original 400 that was in it running after draining the oil and a couple quarts of water out of it, but it still had issues which he later determined to be bent pushrods from it being turned over with water in the cylinders. He's got a good portion of the interior back in the car and has been driving it around this past summer. She has a ways to go, but she's getting there.

Anyways, that's it for my introduction. I'll try to post of pic of the girls when I get around to it. I look forward to calling on any expertise the group has to offer, and hopefully I can give a little back as well.

Thanks and glad to be here!

Jerry

Old 12-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum..

Old 12-04-2013, 05:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome!! Nice job snagging a 07! sounds like a beast too! good color

Old 12-04-2013, 05:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jerry
Welcome to the forum!
Its so nice to hear of another Monte Carlo owners/family!
Your the 2nd person here on our forum that also owns one That is a Lazer Blue Metallic. Slugger088 is his name (Matt) his is an 06 SS He's our friend from the North in Toronto Canada... 6 hrs away and manages to make some of our meets and shows.

We look forward to your continued participation/experience and advice as well. We are here to help. Feel free to join in on the conversations in our Daily Blog! Looking forward to pics of yours as well as your fathers Monte Carlo! Its a pleasant to change to have a family with multiple years of Monte Carlos!

Thanks for joining the MCF Famiily!

Old 12-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by l3lackrosez26
Greetings!

I figured I would stop in and introduce myself. My name is Jerry and I'm from North-Central Ohio. I've been a Monte Carlo owner for around 7 years or so now. I started off with a Royal Navy Blue 2002 Monte Carlo SS with the "peanut butter" leather interior that I bought used with around 65K miles on it. I had it for a year before I had to drop another engine into it due to a spun connecting rod bearing. Other than that and some pesky on-going transmission issues, it has been a great car and now has 165K miles on it.

I'd been driving past a local used car dealer here in town recently that had a 2007 SS on their lot for a week or so, and had my wife with me at one point and mentioned how I wished I could get it. I have a son of driving-age (though he's not driving just yet) and she said, "You know, if you get that car, then you can give your Monte to him." So, I called the dealer the next day, went for a test drive and 3 hours later I had the keys in my hand! The color is Laser Blue Metallic with silver trim, and black leather interior. Again, this one had 65K miles on it as well and I don't normally do this, but I bought an extended 2-year/24K mile warranty on it, which I am glad I did. I won't go into detail here, since this is for introduction purposes, but will be seeking advice in the proper section.

Ever since the 6th gen Monte Carlos came out, I've liked the look of them. Their styling reminded me of the mid-80s models and I hope to one day get myself an 85-86 SS. One of these days maybe.

My father is also a Monte Carlo man now. He purchased a 74 Monte Carlo Landau a couple years ago with 35K original miles that had been sitting for close to 20 years after being through 2 floods. The original owner had been wanting to fix/restore it but never got around to it. Luckily he had the car Ziebart'ed when he bought it so surprisingly it was still in pretty decent shape. Dad has been working on restoring it a little at a time and has dropped a new 260HP 350 crate engine into it. He did get the original 400 that was in it running after draining the oil and a couple quarts of water out of it, but it still had issues which he later determined to be bent pushrods from it being turned over with water in the cylinders. He's got a good portion of the interior back in the car and has been driving it around this past summer. She has a ways to go, but she's getting there.

Anyways, that's it for my introduction. I'll try to post of pic of the girls when I get around to it. I look forward to calling on any expertise the group has to offer, and hopefully I can give a little back as well.

Thanks and glad to be here!

Jerry
Nice set of montes youv got there! Welcome to the forum. I'm partial to the 74 myself but I also love my 02 and would like a 7th gen.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Welcome Jerry,
I am a late 80s Monte too and one day Hope to have an 86, 87, 88 Monte SS with a Corvette ZR1 drive Train, Black with Purple-ish pin strips, as my W/E car, while keeping my 02 SS as my DD. Wispy and your dad and son lots of happy Monte Days!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Welcome to the family!

Old 12-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

welcome if ya don't mind me asking how much did ya pay?

Old 12-05-2013, 02:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

to the forum!

That's a really sharp blue, and a great color combination you snagged!!

Old 12-05-2013, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by joeykl66
welcome if ya don't mind me asking how much did ya pay?
She was listed at around $13.5K, but they knocked another $1k off so I could pick up a 2-year/24K mile extended warranty on it.

Quick Reply: Introducing myself...