New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

I'm a dealer and have a question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Default I'm a dealer and have a question

Just curious if you fine people could give me some insight on a SS currantly at the auction. It's a 2002 Dale Ernhardt edition Intimidator. It's loaded and has exactly 180 kilometres, or 112 miles. No, I didn't forget any zero's. It's black and silver, and of course, brand new. I can appraise any car sight unseen, but this isn't normal, and way out of my grasp. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, it would be a car for the lot. If I was getting one for myself, it would be the 3.8 turbo that was out in the 80"s for about 5 minutes

Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are you asking how much it's worth? Really with low miles like that, prices are everywhere and in my opinion, way too high.

With that being said, if you live somewhere that Dale Sr. is a commonly appreciated person, I would grab it, who knows someone may want it for more than what you pay for it.

What is it currently going for?

Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't imagine you could sell it for more than 10 grand to be honest.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:15 AM

I know of one in PA with 49 miles that the guy wants 18k for. I saw one on ebay reach 19k but reserve was not met it had 2400 miles. He relisted but will be lucky if it gets that high again.

I have one with 1025 miles that I probably paid too much for. It had 23 miles when I bought it in April.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by ariker
Just curious if you fine people could give me some insight on a SS currantly at the auction. It's a 2002 Dale Ernhardt edition Intimidator. It's loaded and has exactly 180 kilometres, or 112 miles. No, I didn't forget any zero's. It's black and silver, and of course, brand new. I can appraise any car sight unseen, but this isn't normal, and way out of my grasp. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, it would be a car for the lot. If I was getting one for myself, it would be the 3.8 turbo that was out in the 80"s for about 5 minutes

Hi New Member Ariker,
I'm curious (?), what type of dealer are you in the Brantford, Ontario, Canada area ? What type of vehicles do you presently have/sell ? Do you have additional information on this 112 mile DE Monte Carlo ? What documentation etc. (I don't think it is a Monte to sit on a outside lot). I believe it is worth what a buyer is willing to pay I think the range could be from $10K to $25K +...On cars like this I think a compete history is needed with all paperwork, documentation, owner, selling dealer, how it's been stored etc.

What would you pay for your dream 3.8 Turbo Monte Carlo ?
Look forward to additional information ? When is the auction ?
Do you have other limited production vehicles at your dealership ?
Oh, are you a auto dealership, or some other type of dealer ? ? ?

Explore the MCF and you will find a lot of information on the awesome Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You are in Canada, so you may need to do some conversions.

A lot of people purchased these "limited edition" cars, thinking that one day they will get a great return on investment. It's just unfortunately not true.

If you can auction grab this car for under $10,000 you can probably put a sticker price of around $12,000-$13,000 and get a bite.

Too many people just try to sell it close to MSRP because it's a "new" car, but no one wants a 10 year old car at that high of a price.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM

^maybe thatll give you some idea!

Old 11-08-2012, 12:21 PM

Wow I guess I better put my 3's back on.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Space

Hi New Member Ariker,
I'm curious (?), what type of dealer are you in the Brantford, Ontario, Canada area ? What type of vehicles do you presently have/sell ? Do you have additional information on this 112 mile DE Monte Carlo ? What documentation etc. (I don't think it is a Monte to sit on a outside lot). I believe it is worth what a buyer is willing to pay I think the range could be from $10K to $25K +...On cars like this I think a compete history is needed with all paperwork, documentation, owner, selling dealer, how it's been stored etc.

What would you pay for your dream 3.8 Turbo Monte Carlo ?
Look forward to additional information ? When is the auction ?
Do you have other limited production vehicles at your dealership ?
Oh, are you a auto dealership, or some other type of dealer ? ? ?

Explore the MCF and you will find a lot of information on the awesome Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Just a used car dealer. I do get some oddball rare stuff once in a while. I hope you don't mind if I don't say where I'm at as I didn't join the site to try and sell members cars. For me, and me alone, I don't think it would be right. That said, with something as odd as this one, I thought it best to go to the experts.

I just love the G body. Eventually, I want one of each. Thanks for all the replies everyone

Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 PM

hope my video could be of help!!

Quick Reply: I'm a dealer and have a question