New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Ignored Monte owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 AM
Default Ignored Monte owners

Hi,
Brand new to this site. This site is great! I own a 2003 Monte Carlo SS and a 2006 Monte SS. I love both cars, but for the 06 there is little to nothing when it comes to aftermarket. The Mustang and the Charger have plenty of options, but other than a body kit the Monte doesn't really have anything.
I just feel we Monte owners are left out!

Old 09-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Default RE: Ignored Monte owners

Welcome aboard CMCSS, and you are not alone my friend.

The montes really were abandoned by the aftermaket sector, they always have been. Most mods for the 00-05 are stolen from the GTP's and in the 06-07's stolen from the impalas.

Basically from 00-07 there wasnt very much production in comparison to the Rustang.. As for the charger, its the "hot" model, and has received a lot of attention namely because it is new.

Us monte owners have been left to fend for ourselves, and that we shall do. Here on MCF.

How about some pics of those babies of yours.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:29 AM

Hi Cameron, & Welcome to the MCF
We have several Member's from the Buckeye State of Ohio.
The 06-07 Monte Carlo SS are so good that they don't need any
after/market parts : )
Check out the forum, and please post some pic's of your Monte's.
Look forward to your future posts.
Wish you Safe/Fun/Happy/Fast miles in your Monte Carlo's,
`Space

Old 09-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey, welcome to the site, and yes i completely agree with you about there not being much out for the monte's

Old 09-04-2007, 07:38 PM

Not much incentive for the makers of the parts when the car isn't made anymore.Not a large numberof 06-07's either. Take that # and divide it by how many would modify their car vs leaving it stock.... that gives me the reason why we have no parts for them.Bottom line... IT SUCKS!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Cameron, to the Monte Carlo Forum. It is sad there aren't many options for the '06-07 Montes. Even us with the slightly older ones don't have many options. But the fact is, the '06&07 Montes have REALLY low production #'s. This could be a good thing down the road, especially those with the 5.3 motors. 303HP! WOW!
I drove an Impala SS when they first came out with the 5.3. FAST, but a HUGE price tag at that time.
Let's see it!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 09-04-2007, 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: TheFullMonte

Not much incentive for the makers of the parts when the car isn't made anymore.Not a large numberof 06-07's either. Take that # and divide it by how many would modify their car vs leaving it stock.... that gives me the reason why we have no parts for them.Bottom line... IT SUCKS!
Yea!! What he said!!

You see hordesof the mustangs and the chargers all over the place.But when people see a Monte, they take a double look. Understated elegance with a race car heart.

Welcome. Please post pics

Old 09-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Oh yeah.. I imagine our cars wont be worth much if the new one comes out as Mr. Lutz or whatever his name is, but should they not come out, our cars might just be a collectors item someday. Expecially those with the 5.3L v8. Heck even the 3.5/9 owners might not be so bad off, first VVT cam in block engine by GM..

Old 09-05-2007, 12:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: HyperFox

Oh yeah.. I imagine our cars wont be worth much if the new one comes out as Mr. Lutz or whatever his name is, but should they not come out, our cars might just be a collectors item someday. Expecially those with the 5.3L v8. Heck even the 3.5/9 owners might not be so bad off, first VVT cam in block engine by GM..
Not to be a jerk fox, but I remember reading Space's VVT post that the GM's VVT is a function of the dual intake not the dual cam like in Honda's VTEC.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 PM

Variable valve timing is just that, the engine changes the relative advance/retard of the cam timing determined by speed and programming and such. I know advance/retard is mainly when you're talking spark, but it's hard to explain how it works with the cam. Lemme see if I can find that document.

Variable Intake is something totally different. The intake has two different paths. One is shorter, while one is longer. The Longer path when at lower RPM increases the torque at lower RPM... but loses it's benefit rather quickly. At higher rpm the intake changes to a shorter path, which allows that second torque curve peak at 4800 or so RPM. Lemme see if I can find the docs...

Ok, here goes... lotta tech-lingo, but I think you'll get it:
Variable valve timing
[font=epleld+arial,arial][size=3]
Perhaps the most significant technological feature of the new 3.5L (or the 3.9L)V-6 is the adaptation of variable valve timing – a first for cam-in-block engines. The system incorporates a vane-type camshaft phaser that changes the angular orientation of the camshaft, thereby adjusting the timing of the intake and exhaust valves to optimize performance and economy, and helping lower emissions. It offers infinitely variable valve timing in relation to the crankshaft. The cam phasing creates "dual equal" valve timing adjustments. In other words, the intake valves and exhaust valves are varied at the same time and at the same rate. The cam phaser vane is attached to the camshaft on the front journal – a technique made easier by the award-winning "assembled-camshaft" design pioneered by General Motors. With this design, separate camshaft lobes are installed on a hollow camshaft tube rather than the traditional method of grinding a camshaft from a single piece of stock. The cam position sensor reads a new cam target ring, with four segments that increases the accuracy of the position readings. Hydraulic roller lifters actuate the valves via pushrods.
Variable intake manifold
The variable intake manifold is an engine feature usually found only on high-cost, premium European performance cars, but the new manifold design is standard with the 3.9L V-6. The active air intake optimizes incoming airflow through a valve in the intake manifold. The valve creates longer or shorter intake tracts that correspond to desired engine-performance parameters. At low engine speeds, the valve creates a longer path for intake air, enhancing combustion efficiency and torque output. At higher engine speeds, the valve opens, creating a shorter air path for maximum power production.
And this is all off of GM's media site. Not through Chevy, but from GM's site. It kinda makes sense, if you're familier with how pulse-jet engines work it the same theory kind of. Popular Mechanics gave an award for the VVT technology, because it allowed sport car like tuning, without the much more expensive Over-head cams. The intake thing mainly works on the lower rpm side of things, even though you really feel it after 3500 rpm because it opens up and 200 RPM later the engine is just pullin like crazy.
Sorry to hijack your thread CMCSS!
[left]If the car wasn't so radically different I think we'd be in different positions. We'd probably still be whining because noone makes enough stuff for the cars. That's why we have to resort to things like Group buys and all that. Company isn't going to put time and money to make a 200$ part if they're only going to sell like 10 of em a month max. Yet if they can

Quick Reply: Ignored Monte owners