Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   I want to improve Performance AND MPG. Where to Start? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/i-want-improve-performance-mpg-where-start-45958/)

Hiroska 11-25-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by KingOf206 (Post 582909)
Thank you for your welcome! I am glad to be a part of the Chevy owners!!

SO I went to Cold Air Inc, and They did not have something available for my vehicle, which is a 3.5 L engine V6. SO I submitted my car to have them look into making something for me (I dont have high hopes for this, but we will see)

:confused: Also, How would I begin to "tune my PCM" ? Is this something I can just ask my mechianic to do or where would I go to start this?

Thank you for all your help!!

You can use the box for all 2006 - 2007 models for CAI.

KingOf206 11-25-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hiroska (Post 582917)
You can use the box for all 2006 - 2007 models for CAI.

What do you mean when you say "use the box" ?

Hiroska 11-25-2013 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by KingOf206 (Post 582922)
What do you mean when you say "use the box" ?

The same intake for a 3.5 motor in a 2006-07 Monte carlo, is the same one as as a 3600 or a 5.3. the 3.5 is basically the same motor as the LT,LTZ. Just different HP gains, but same intake. And even the same intake "box" as the SS. The only difference is the engine itself, and not the air box/connections. I'll take a picture of mine later if you want. But you can purchase the same and use the same. ^_^;

dbaldwin 11-25-2013 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by KingOf206 (Post 582909)
Thank you for your welcome! I am glad to be a part of the Chevy owners!!

SO I went to Cold Air Inc, and They did not have something available for my vehicle, which is a 3.5 L engine V6. SO I submitted my car to have them look into making something for me (I dont have high hopes for this, but we will see)

:confused: Also, How would I begin to "tune my PCM" ? Is this something I can just ask my mechianic to do or where would I go to start this?

Thank you for all your help!!

There Is not a big mod market for the 3500. When it comes to a cold air intake Since all of our cars are W body frame the only issue is connecting the box to the UIM. If your handy with some tools and get some intake tubing its vary possible to do. I am Currently looking for someone who can tune pcm's up here but I dont know if anyone has dedicated themselves to tuning the 3500

KingOf206 11-25-2013 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hiroska (Post 582923)
The same intake for a 3.5 motor in a 2006-07 Monte carlo, is the same one as as a 3600 or a 5.3. the 3.5 is basically the same motor as the LT,LTZ. Just different HP gains, but same intake. And even the same intake "box" as the SS. The only difference is the engine itself, and not the air box/connections. I'll take a picture of mine later if you want. But you can purchase the same and use the same. ^_^;

Could you recommend a site to go and find one of these? :)

KingOf206 11-25-2013 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin (Post 582924)
There Is not a big mod market for the 3500. When it comes to a cold air intake Since all of our cars are W body frame the only issue is connecting the box to the UIM. If your handy with some tools and get some intake tubing its vary possible to do. I am Currently looking for someone who can tune pcm's up here but I dont know if anyone has dedicated themselves to tuning the 3500

So it sounds like there is not much I can do to TUne my PCM then ?
If you have any luck finding someone who can do that I would greatly appreciate it.:thumbsup:

dbaldwin 11-25-2013 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by KingOf206 (Post 582926)
So it sounds like there is not much I can do to TUne my PCM then ?
If you have any luck finding someone who can do that I would greatly appreciate it.:thumbsup:

Currently This one is more work than I want to do but here is a tuner
:: Overkill Motorsports ::
Crusader SS has one of these tunes in his 3800 so im sure he could tell you more about it.

KingOf206 11-25-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin (Post 582927)
Currently This one is more work than I want to do but here is a tuner
:: Overkill Motorsports ::
Crusader SS has one of these tunes in his 3800 so im sure he could tell you more about it.

Yes, I can understand that. I am looking into it right now! Thank you so much! :congrats:

dbaldwin 11-25-2013 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by KingOf206 (Post 582928)
Yes, I can understand that. I am looking into it right now! Thank you so much! :congrats:

Also were trying to start a washington Monte Carlo MC. BBlackstone is the front man but were trying to organize it after the holidays. You should look into it. We all love seeing more monte's.

KingOf206 11-25-2013 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin (Post 582930)
Also were trying to start a washington Monte Carlo MC. BBlackstone is the front man but were trying to organize it after the holidays. You should look into it. We all love seeing more monte's.

What is that? And what would I have to do? Sounds interesting..