New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

I have a gas smell on the dipstick when I check it

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Default I have a gas smell on the dipstick when I check it

About a month ago I bought a 1995 monte carlo with a 3.4 dohc. Although I'm a single female I do know enough about cars to check things before buying a car. Everything seemed fine until a week after I bought it. Now the valve cover gaskets have to be replaced. I haven't been able to get it fixed yet so I only drive it when I have to. I do check the oil every time and now when I pull the dipstick out it smells like gas. If I drive it more than a few miles it starts acting like its going to quit running for a minute and then it'll be fine for a while. I don't want to spend a lot of money to replace the gasketsif this ends up being a manor problem

Old 02-14-2016, 07:04 PM
Default Thanks Mr Google

Check the below (Hope it helps You)
When Engine Oil Dip Stick Smells Of Petrol. - Car Talk ...

www.nairaland.com/1491851/when-engine-oil-dip-stick

Oct 25, 2013 - 31 posts - ‎12 authors
when you pull out engine oil dip stick and the faint smell of fuel hits your ..... I just changed my plugs to brand new NGKs that I ordered from ...

oil has gas smell - Car Talk

community.cartalk.com/discussion/2290424/oil-has-gas-smell

Feb 18, 2013 - It leaks a little oil and when i recently checked it (level was good), ... If you smell gasoline on the dipstick it might be advisable to drain and refill ...

Dip stick/oil smells like gasoline.... - Ford Mustang Forum

www.allfordmustangs.com › ... › 2011 - 2014 Mustang GT Tech

Nov 29, 2012 - So I was checking my oil the other day and I noticed the dipstick smellslike gas. It's gas for sure. You can smell it. It's pretty strong too. Smells ...

Oil on dipstick smells a little like Gasoline | Passenger Car ...

www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat...

Dec 10, 2012 - 15 posts
Mazda 0w20 smells really strongly of fuel anyways. At least according to my tech, itsmells like really clean oil ( which i guess to my nose smells ...Oil Smells Like Gas - Fuel Dilution?
15 posts
Nov 12, 2013

Oil smells like Gas | Mechanical /Maintenance Forum ...
10 posts
Jul 9, 2010

More results from www.bobistheoilguy.com

why would oil dipstick smell like gass? - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums

forums.nicoclub.com/why-would-oil-dipstick-smell-like-gass-t235950.ht...

Mar 17, 2007 - how badly does the oil smell like gas, and is there a large amount of fuel... since I put my SR in, and the oil has always smelled a little like gas, ...

Oil dipstick smells of gas - Bimmerforums

www.bimmerforums.com/.../showthread.php?...Oil-dipstick-smells-of-ga...

Aug 1, 2012 - Join Date: Aug 2011; Location: Ontario, Canada; Posts: 243; My Cars: 1980 E21 ... Oil does smell a bit like gas, could just be your imagination.

If your oil dipstick smells like gas... - RX8Club.com

www.rx8club.com › General Topics › RX-8 Discussion

Feb 22, 2004 - The oil in my piston engine smells like gas. Most of the problems being mentioned about the rotary happen in piston engine too am I wrong?

Smell of gasoline in engine oil? - North American Motoring

www.northamericanmotoring.com/.../156065-smell-of-gasoline-in-engin...

Oct 13, 2008 - Yesterday, I took out the oil dip stick to check my engine oil. ... I would beleive if the oil smells like gas then there is gas in it which will break ...

Smell of petrol in the oil HELP! - Servicing - Automotive - Whirlpool

forums.whirlpool.net.au › Automotive › Servicing

Whirlpool

Jan 8, 2014 - Hi there, I was recently checking the oil on my niece's car as I do the basic servicing of the ... Engine oil will smell like fuel at some point. ... rainbow colouring on the oil ?? take out dipstick and walk out into the bright sun and ...

Gasoline smell on dipstick? - Supraforums.com

www.supraforums.com › ... › MKIV (1993-1998)

On my 94TT, stock, with 55K miles I have noticed a gasoline smell when I check my oilon the dip stick. My car seems to be in great running condition and I have ...

Searches related to gas smell on my oil dipstick