New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.
View Poll Results: big block or small block?
yes
0%
no
33.33%
v6
50.00%
v8
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

howdy yall

Old 11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Wink howdy yall

howdy yall,my name is christy,just recently found the forum and i just purchased a new used monty,its an 03 ss in tan gold,with a tan interior,cloth seats.
im a big rock music fan and i play drums,i live in the central virginia area.
i plan on asking several questions later on the forum.
future upgrades to my monte will be a complete color change(silver or candy apple red)17s with some wide tires,magna flows,a pace car spoiler,and kicking stereo.later on once the engine has run its a corse i plan on a super charged moter swap.
ill be posting picks(of the car,not myself because i think i would break the camera)soon.looking forward to conversing with other monty owners soon.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

welcome christy, sounds like you have a pretty nice monte! hope to see some pics soon, see ya

Old 11-22-2009, 01:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

heyy! welcome to the forum! congrats on the monte! can't wait to see pics! we love to provide input here so whatever questions you have dont hesitate to ask =D

candy apple red would be nice for sure =D
17's is what mine has and they are amazing! are you planning on getting the stock 17's or do you have others in mind?
most def be careful with wide tires on theses cars especially if you are in a rainy area...i'm actually considering on eventually getting narrower tires for the front so it's not such a big pain in the @$$ to drive in the rain especially when i lower it.
magna flows: good choice =D

does it have a surfboard spoiler or not one at all?
how many miles does it have on it?
supercharged is the way to go =D

Old 11-22-2009, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member

it has the surf board spoiler,it has 52,000 miles on her/she was a salvage vehicle wrecked on the pass. side,fixed and repainted all over so igot her for 6 big ones,the miles are what sold for me.and she drives like a dream.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:18 PM

about the engine block. a V8 shouldn't be able to fit in your car or any of the 6 gens because they're front wheel drive and the whole set-up is too small. that is what i've been told. you have to completely gut the interior of the car, you have to move the transmission and engine mounts, get a different/higher hood and other annoying stuff like that. you would be better off buying a 4th gen and stickin a 350, 383, or a 406 4-barrel small-block in it, or a 1st gen with a big block 402 in it, or even a 06 or 07 ss.

believe me, right whenever i got mine the first thing i researched was the ability to convert the V6 into a V8 but it just seems like too much of a hassle. I'd say do the 3800 Series II V6 with a supercharger or if you want to possibly be faster go with a turbo. You would probably be happy with either one of those options but that's just my opinion.

Some of these other older and more experienced guys will probably show me that i'm wrong (lol) or such but that's pretty much all i really know on the subject at the moment

Old 11-22-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by drmrgal
it has the surf board spoiler,it has 52,000 miles on her/she was a salvage vehicle wrecked on the pass. side,fixed and repainted all over so igot her for 6 big ones,the miles are what sold for me.and she drives like a dream.
yeah 52,000 miles for an 03 isn't bad at all, especially since you found it in a salvage situation.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member

sorry about the poll ? i knew it would be a minor miracle to put a v8 in a fwd.i stupidly clicked on the add a poll link and the site wouldnt let me post a thread with out the poll.
my monty has a couple of small issues that the dealer is going to take of(nothing major)things to be expected on a major repair.
the a piller interior molding is loose,small things like that.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:00 PM

Welcome Christy,
I green Candy apple would be a nice touch, definitely unique.
Heck i've seen a pink Monte before :O

Old 11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Welcome Christy,
I green Candy apple would be a nice touch, definitely unique.
Heck i've seen a pink Monte before :O
Jomao is taking his Monte down the pink zone,,,,will that be soft or hot?

Anyways thanks Britt for allowing others to join ...Just kiddin ....Christy welcome to the forum with the interior tan either color choice mentioned would look sharp. I believe if I went silver I would try to go with a smokey silver and as far as red I'm partail to torch.. candy is sharp and will set you apart but do the research on the shop and look at some of the painters previous work so you know they can handle it.a good candy is difficult and takes skill to lay correctly without looking blotchy.....I grabbed the 17" pace car style rims for my beast and fitted them with 235/55/17 that give the car a nice look without looking punk but with the car lowered and the offset the rears had to be pulled out 3/4" to clear the shock mounts. ...... last thing supercharge is nice but with the low miles you have change out the intake and throw a turbo onto her. will bolt right up and give plenty of power.././.Drummer eh!

Old 11-22-2009, 04:31 PM

Haha, Nah, no pink for me.
Mine is black and that's how i like it!
Well Dale Junior's torch/victory red is pretty awesome aswell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: howdy yall