New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi guys and THANK's lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:39 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Hello and Welcome to the forum! Nice to have some more fresh meat that we can help go broke making their Monte everything it can be!

So you live in Holliswood eh? Kind of a spendy place to live, but it has to be way to much fun. I have been there a few times, the boulevard is a circus at night for sure...
Not really man , I'm from FL and have lived there my entire life -- my dad is sick so I shifted over here but it's not fun at all being I don't know anyone or anything like that , but hey that just gives me more free time to think of mods !!! I see your sig -- which tuner are you using ? I was thinking of ordering the diablosport intune but I'm holding off for a sec.

But being here means ill never go past 35 lol (I did get a chance to floor it this morning for the first time and wow --- what a beast.)

I'm going to try and post the video clip and pics now guys I just took some . Thanks for the warm welcome too all of you guys !

Old 03-02-2014, 09:40 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Welcome to mcf!! I can't wait to see pics of your monte and a sound clip!!
Screw my car let me see some of YOUR VIDS/Pics lol !!!

Old 03-02-2014, 09:42 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Congrats on the buy!! and welcome!
On god ... please DONT TELL ME about the v8 turbo kits (((

I will be broke before the day is over lol !!! What's kind of power are you putting down my man ?

Old 03-02-2014, 09:45 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Ill put my pics in this post I'm trying to upload the startup video

Attached Thumbnails Hi guys and THANK's lol-image.jpg  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey that looks very similar. Welcome to the Forum!

Old 03-02-2014, 01:37 PM

I was going to say the same this as MistreSS although our models are 06

What size exhaust did you put in 2.5"? I bumped mine up to 3" and it was amazing. I did a res delete and put on Thrush Turbo Mufflers, at one point didn't even have a Cat and let me tell you... She sounded like she was ready to eat someone (Provincial testing required I put it back on of course)

I look forward to your mod progression... as was stated earlier the only way to cure the mod bug is to... mod more

Old 03-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good looking 7th gen.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:34 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jparks

What size exhaust did you put in 2.5"? I bumped mine up to 3" and it was amazing. I did a res delete and put on Thrush Turbo Mufflers, at one point didn't even have a Cat and let me tell you... She sounded like she was ready to eat someone (Provincial testing required I put it back on of course)

I look forward to your mod progression... as was stated earlier the only way to cure the mod bug is to... mod more
Well to be honest i'm not sure --- I took her to the exhaust shop and was originally going to go with dual 44's and the reso delete , but the owner recommended 40's for a more agressive sound and offered the 4" tips at a discount so the whole job ran $390 ... I assume the pipe size is still same as stock besides the muffler back but I will check.

She really sounds like a monster --- any louder would be crazy but knowing myself I might straight pipe it in the future lol (I am mod crazy).

Here's a video of startup ---I had to figure out how to use youtube to upload a video sorry for the delay fellas

Old 03-18-2014, 01:07 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

just realized this car has heated seats .... jeez i haven't relaxed in a while lmao

Here's some pics of the exhaust and emblem

Attached Thumbnails Hi guys and THANK's lol-imag0018.jpg   Hi guys and THANK's lol-imag0072.jpg   Hi guys and THANK's lol-imag0015.jpg  
Old 03-18-2014, 01:12 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jparks

I don't think I can mess with the cat because of this "smog test" crap .... I need to read into it now but im pretty sure I can't go any further with the exhaust but I hope i'm wrong

I went over a small dip yesterday and got a check airbag message on the dash , but it instantly went away and I can't get the message to appear ; keep in mind I still havent had time to learn every feature but besides seeing that this baby drives like a dream I love her !!

My spoiler seems to be "loose" can anyone inform me of how they are properley installed on the trunk ? It seems like it was placed on with adhesive --- so I need a new spoiler (do they make any aftermarket ones?)

Thanks again guys

Quick Reply: Hi guys and THANK's lol