New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi everyone....here is my 2000 Monte signed by Sr and Childress..

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 04:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The wheels on my Dale Jr Monte are made by Primax - the model is called "Victory" but I don't know if the company still exists. I got mine 10 years ago and when I did they hadn't even made a set yet. They were custom ordered (from a picture of a 6-bolt model) and took months for them to come in. The tricky thing about getting race-looking wheels is that with a FWD the wheels should have a positive offset. The steel wheels used in racing are a negative offset

Last edited by JuniorCar; 03-08-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:07 AM
Default Those rims are great!!!

Th
Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Wow, you have an actual signature series Monte Carlo from Dale Earnhardt Chevy. Pretty kool ride. Nice looking Monte Carlo I have seen many of them in this look everyone wants me to sit in them and take a Picture with it.
Back in 1997 they had a thing to get one you got race tickets with it too.
I had a friend that was a big Dale fan and he built a Lumina with the #3 look, it has the wheels you may want to find.
I am not sure what brand they were. I am attaching a photo for reference. He did indicate that they needed a spacer for the Disc Brakes in the front. Might need them all around on this style Monte Carlo.
I would ask him what they were but he passed away back in 2012.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:08 AM

Those rims are great!!!

Old 03-15-2018, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's pretty cool, and drivernumber3 made it to this thread so we're all set. Welcome!

Old 05-06-2018, 07:01 PM

Wow, you have an actual signature series Monte Carlo from Dale Earnhardt Chevy. Pretty kool ride. Nice looking Monte Carlo I have seen many of them in this look everyone wants me to sit in them and take a Picture with it.
Back in 1997 they had a thing to get one you got race tickets with it too.
I had a friend that was a big Dale fan and he built a Lumina with the #3 look, it has the wheels you may want to find.
I am not sure what brand they were. I am attaching a photo for reference. He did indicate that they needed a spacer for the Disc Brakes in the front. Might need them all around on this style Monte Carlo.
I would ask him what they were but he passed away back in 2012.

I just had to chime in when I came across this thread! Very cool car, indeed. Awesome that it’s signed by both the man and the master.

Those rims for reference in the Lumina picture are American Racing wheels. I’ve seen them before with that hub, but not with the red stripe which really sets them off.

The harder find is going to be those Nascar Goodyear’s. A dealer promised me a set I saw on a trade-in car, but the shop manager swiped them. Girrr...