New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

hi!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:19 PM
Default hi!

Hi here! my name is Vickie. I came across this site searching for new tire ideas for my 2004 Monte Carlo. I love my Carlo and plan on keeping him til the end. Being I'm female, I'm afraid of being taken advantage of so I am doing my research so I can walk in, buy my tires and leave without being talked into something I don't want. I drive my car a lot and occasionally travel out of state. I want a nice gripping, nice looking tire with a smooth ride. I DO NOT want good year. I was thinking perelli. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-25-2017, 01:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would honestly just check out tirerack.com and go from there. They have tons of reviews and stats on each tire.

Just remember, the better the grip, the faster the tire will wear down.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Vickie -- your Monte probably has the 225/60R-16 size, right? (Very common size for the modern front-drive Montes.)

I was doing some tire research recently too and found a couple of excellent-rated tires in that size:
Continental TrueContact
General Altimax

Chibi's right, tirerack.com is probably the best site for checking out tires online and reading tests and reviews.

I found that if you go to a nationally-franchised tire shop, they might try to push you toward signing up for their credit card. Or of course you could go to a big-store chain like Walmart and get a new set installed there, probably with fewer hassles.

In your research, you might also come across some off-brand tires or some brand names you've never heard before (I call them "Brand X"). It turns out that some of them really are made by the big, familiar name-brand tire companies, and are priced rather low, but I myself am just more comfortable with paying some more and getting the real-deal name-brand.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Hi Vickie
first thing is location Where are you located at? Makes a difference in the Tires?
I would suggest Costco or Sams Club if you know what tire you want.
They handle the one you indicated.
The nice thing about Walmart and Costco or Sams Club you can get the road hazard warranty and it includes the balance and rotation every 5K or so at no charge.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello Vickie and Welcome to the forum!

X2 on the Continentals... Very nice tires