New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Default Hey Everyone!

Hi All,

My name is Andrew Bonang. I recently purchased a 2007 Monte Carlo LS. Loaded of course for its model. I used to owen a 03 Golf and hated it after I had to spent 6g on the motor/parts. I traded it in and got what I owed and picked up this little rig.

Plans:

Pay for it lol

Nah I want to add a CAI and get a SS stock dual pipes. Plus I already started on my stereo. I have plans for it but need to save since it is almost Xmas time.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Hey Everyone!

Hi Andrew! Welcome to MCF.
I understand how ya feel. I bought my '04 Monte earlier this year after going through all my repair bills for my '99 Grand Am GT. I bought the GA brand new, and realized a few months ago that over the last 8 years I spent over 10 grand in major engine repairs. I didn't race it, or modthe engineother than the K&N drop-in filter. When I got rid of it in august, it only had 69,000 kms on it. I got a lemon of an engine I guess.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 PM

Welcome! looking foward to hearing from you and seeing more pics of your car

Old 10-22-2007, 08:09 PM

Hello and welcome Andrew! I too came from a smaller car into the Monte fold. I had an 05 Mazda3, and just wasn't happy with it. Nothing compares to a Monte!! Enjoy your stay!
Cheers!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:19 PM

Welcome to the site! Look forward to hearing your input on the stereo. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I myself have added a subwoofer to my 2006 LT, so our installs should be very similar.

Exhaust? Simple, the split happens right after it passes the gas tank on my car, so it should be real simple to add the second pipe.

What's you're take on the car so far? of the few complaints I have, I really can't say much. This is my second Monte , my first was an 03 LS, and my 95 Beretta was my first car, and my firstGM Coupe...(all I have ever owned are GM coupes, lol)

Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 PM

I do alot of custom work with audio. I will post some of my Golf install to show the progress.

So far I love the car. It is so roomie and has massive seats that I sink into. I am used to driving a car that has 110HP now I got a 100 more Its a blast. It is so much fun to clean and detail casue it is so easy.

What should I run for new muffs? Again guys I am new to the whole domestic thing here so take er easy on me

Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 AM

Hi Andrew,
Welcome to the forum, nice Monte. I am curious about your stereo upgrades, please keep us posted. As for mufflers, I LOVE my Magnaflows, but a lot of the folks here opt for the Flowmasters. Depends on the sound you prefer.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Andrew!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 PM

[align=center]Hi Andrew, & Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You picked up a beautiful Monte Carlo LS...[/align][align=center]We have many member's from Canada with some[/align][align=center]awesome Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]Thanks for posting/sharing you pic's.[/align][align=center]It has to be a big change from a VW.[:'(] I'm sure the more[/align][align=center]that you drive your Monte, the more that you will like it.[/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center]Wish you Safe/Happy/Fun miles in your Monte.[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hi Andrew, & Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You picked up a beautiful Monte Carlo LS...[/align][align=center]We have many member's from Canada with some[/align][align=center]awesome Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]Thanks for posting/sharing you pic's.[/align][align=center]It has to be a big change from a VW.[:'(] I'm sure the more[/align][align=center]that you drive your Monte, the more that you will like it.[/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center]Wish you Safe/Happy/Fun miles in your Monte.[/align][align=center][/align]
Km's in my monte lol

Thanks this site is great for lots of info.

Quick Reply: Hey Everyone!