New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello New member

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 08:32 PM
1 Year Member
Default Hello New member

Hello guys I have just bought a 2002 Monte SS Dale Earnhardt Limited Edition, this is my first project car, looking for all the help I can get!

Old 05-13-2018, 09:01 PM
1 Year Member

This is what I know so far:

I bought this car without actually looking for one, sight seen not running, No paperwork but VIN checks out as 1749 out of 3,333. Intake is busted up, car checks out with no wrecks or liens, or any other negativity. Its not obviously going to start as the fuel line got burned and pours gas on the ground. I cant get it to crank over. Battery even though new shows red in dash indicator.
It will sometimes crank a little so I dont think engine is seized. Does this engine have a Serpentine belt, I am not familiar with it.

Body is Good. Interior good, needs driver seat re-upholstered. Some dumbass carved out the wheel wells a little to fit larger tires. Tow truck driver who delivered it from the seller suggests that the wheel wells carved out and the shattered intake suggests some dumbass tried to Nitro it. Struts also have a couple inches extra lift.
This is my first project car, will appreciate all help I can get, Thanks

Old 05-14-2018, 07:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to MCF!

Wow, sounds like you have a diamond in the rough! Those are beautiful cars! If you ever get it finished, it will be well worth the effort, I'm sure!