New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello Monte Carlo Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Default Hello Monte Carlo Forum

Hello all, my name is Kenny. I don't currently have a monte carlo, but since I'm selling my 89 IROC I'm in the market for an 81-88 SS model. Preferably a center console car with an 87-95 gen1 350. I put that there in case anyone here knows of one.

Since deciding to sell the IROC, I started thinking about what I'll get next as a fun/unusual (for Germany) project car. I thought about it for a few days from everything from Mustangs, galaxies, mopars, really anything with a v8 and in my price range. When yesterday somehow I thought of the 80's Monte Carlo and remembered how much I loved there body style and attitude, at which point I new that that was what I wanted. Even though I'm not ready to purchase I've spent most of my time looking online at what is currently being sold, and am becoming increasingly anxious.

Anyways, I recently got out of the army after serving for 4 years, and I'm now working for Uncle Sam managing a junkyard in Germany.

I look forward to learn from this forum site and hopefully I'll be able to give out some helpful advice from time to time.

-Ken

Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 PM

Hi Kenny from Germany & Welcome to the MCF

Sounds like you have a very interesting job
that should be lots of fun.
Are you looking for a Monte Carlo in the USA ?
Do you plan on having it shipped to Germany ?
Do you have a estimated budget for your Monte
Carlo that you want ?
What state were you from ?
Do you like living in Germany ?

Hope your post some pictures of your area.
We all love pictures on the MCF & we hope you post some : )

Explore the forum, and post your questions
when you can't find what you're looking for.
Wish you great luck with your job & life.

Look forward to your future posts, and contributions.
Good Luck

Last edited by Space; 03-28-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Heyy! Welcome to the forum! Woww from Germany! My great grandparents or something like that were directly from Germany so yayy for Germans =D Good luck on the search! Personally I would look at buying a 84-88 SS.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:36 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome. Yes a 4th gen Monte Carlo is a great car. But, if you wanted a 350 you would have to put one in cause the 4th gen SS's only came with a 305.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 PM

Hello KidSpace, spinem_90, and awsomeSS, thanks for the warm greetings.
As for your questions it will probably be easier to find what I'm looking for in the states. It would certainly be easier to buy one here, but so far I haven't seen even 1 for sale on there online sale sites. Plus with the Euro to dollar conversion it would be about the same price to buy one in the states and ship it as it would be to buy one on the economy. Unless I happen to find a soldier over here with one and he wants to sell it.
I think I'll be somewhere around $5000 including shipping.
I grew up in Austin, TX, where I lived until I was 21 and realised I wasn't going to college (not seriously anyway), and being a huge mooch and burden on my parents so I decided it was time to get out of there and the army was the quickest and easiest way to get educated and become financially independent which worked out.
And I'm pretty happy living over here now that I got a good job that I'm happy at. When I first got out of the army and moved back over here I had a job lined up as a contractor, but once I got over here I was informed the position didn't fall under SOFA (status of forces agreement) and would be uneligible for logistical support (cheap gas, cheap cigarrettes, no German taxes, etc.). So in a last ditch effort to keep logistical support I took a job frying chicken at Popeyes for 8 months (which sucked...bad).

Is there much difference between the 81-83 versus the 84-88? Guess I haven't really looked at the earlier ones, I've mainly been looking at 87 and 88's simply because they have the factory 1 piece rear main seal blocks, but I would like to find one with a already swapped 87+up 350. If you're wondering why the 1 piece rms is important, it's because I still have the LT1 t56 out of the IROC and would like to put it into a future car (also why I would like a center console car).

Ken

Here's a pic of the passing camaro. I asume I can't load pics on this site because of the trial period? If that's correct I'll post some local pics of the area after that is over. Mine is the white one.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:54 PM

Welcome, sweet pic.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

Wow it's like deja vu. Almost. One of the original moderators of this forum was stationed in Germany (also US Army), and transferred to a base in Texas a few years ago. He had a 2003 Monte Carlo with him in Germany, and brought it home with him.

Nice collection of Camaros (and a Firebird too from the looks of it) you guys got! Good luck in your search for a 4th gen Monte Carlo. Doing a 350 engine swap is a great project. And you got one bad azz Monte when your done.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

welcome, that is a very nice looking camaro.. goodluck on your search for a monte, I hope you find one, it's on my wish list.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

If you want an SS they didn't make them until late 83 and they were sold as an 84 model.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 PM

Welcome to the forum! You're close to my old stomping grounds: Nurnberg! I was station at Storck Barracks (I know the place close down, lol, it's been that long) and use to hit Nurnberg all the time. BTW, nice rides.

Quick Reply: Hello Monte Carlo Forum