New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello I'm another noobie

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Default Hello I'm another noobie

Just found your site. Bought a 05 LT Lazer blue mettalic in April. (By the way the color is what sold me on the car, my other options was a Mustang and a Subaru Imprezza WRX) I have not regretted the choice.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Default RE: Hello I'm another noobie

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Lazer blue is a very cool color... What kind of mods if any do you have planned for your Monte??

TVW

Old 07-02-2005, 12:56 PM

Welcome! I also had a choice between my Monte and a Mustang. The uniqueness of the Monte (being you saw Mustangs everywhere), and the color choices I had were very slim, heh

Old 07-02-2005, 01:17 PM

I do plan on doing some mods. However I don't know what ones yet, I've just been looking around the net to see what I can do. I also plan on waiting till the warrenty runs out. It won't take long where I live. I already got about 5000 miles on it and I just bought it in april. But one thing I did do, I couldn't just get regular licence plate, I had to get personalized one for. I couldn't see this cool of a car with the stantard licence plate.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:28 PM

I like you have put a ton of miles on mine and it's not even two years old yet @ 34K. There is just something about this car that just begs to be driven.....

I spent quite a bit of time looking at the new Mustang and there just is no comparison in styling. Muscle maybe but it lack in functionality and basic comfort IMO.

I think you guys made the right choice..

TVW

Old 07-02-2005, 01:42 PM

I love driving this car. I own my own buisiness, and have two company trucks (a 04 ford ranger and a 92 ford f350) and anything I have to do with the buisiness dosn't require one of those two trucks I drive my monte.

Old 07-02-2005, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: FourX11gd

I love driving this car. I own my own buisiness, and have two company trucks (a 04 ford ranger and a 92 ford f350) and anything I have to do with the buisiness dosn't require one of those two trucks I drive my monte.
What kind of business are you in?

TVW

Old 07-02-2005, 08:36 PM

Just found your site. Bought a 05 LT Lazer blue mettalic in April. (By the way the color is what sold me on the car, my other options was a Mustang and a Subaru Imprezza WRX) I have not regretted the choice.
Welcome to the board! Lazer blue is a very nice color indeed, although it alone would not sway me from a WRX. What was it, besides to color, that really sold you on the Monte over the WRX?

Old 07-02-2005, 09:27 PM

Well color was the main thing, but another big factor was that I could fit comforatably in the monte versus the wrx. I'm 6'2" an live a 15 min drive to the nearest town. 30 min to the nearest town that anything other than gas stations and resturants. Well that and I'm a big Chevy fan.

I make roundwood (log) furniture. Mostly beds, dressers, and the like. I do custom work too. I just delivered a load of my stuff to Battleground, Washington.. which I think is across the border from Portland, Oregon.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:19 PM

Well color was the main thing, but another big factor was that I could fit comforatably in the monte versus the wrx. I'm 6'2" an live a 15 min drive to the nearest town. 30 min to the nearest town that anything other than gas stations and resturants. Well that and I'm a big Chevy fan.

I make roundwood (log) furniture. Mostly beds, dressers, and the like. I do custom work too. I just delivered a load of my stuff to Battlegroud, Washington.. which I think is across the border from Portland, Oregon.
I'm a big buy too, 6'2" 235lbs so interior room was an issue for me as well. When I went car shopping this time, I was dead set on a 2000 and up Regal GS.............until I seen the Monte. The rest is history.

Yeah, Battleground is up 205 a little ways. Not far at all.

This is actually my first Chevy, I've been an import guy until my Accord was totalled in October by an idiot under the influence of meth. After that I decided that I didn't want to stay in the scene cause my cars drew alot of the wrong kind of attention. I ended up getting a 2001 Ford Taurus but I kept it for only 5 months, I traded it in to get my Monte.

Quick Reply: Hello I'm another noobie