New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello all :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Default Hello all :)

Hello ladies and gents

Well let me introduce myself to you all, my name is Mathew McHolland, born on Halloween and I'm 21, born and raised in Connecticut. I loaned my first Monte in the fall of 2009 (October 22) from trading in my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon from my dad. It was a 2005 White Monte Carlo LT with the On star, sunroof, heated seats, everything basically. Winter of 09 i couldn't afford so i gave to my parents friend (got into a few accidents with it destroyed the front bumper and also the driver side) , I got the car back a month ago to get it all fixed up and its gonna cost about 5k to fix (after insurance etc 2k) which is good i guess. Ive had 7 cars in 2 years (mainly swapping between parents tho) but i dont need to get into that unless some asks , but mainly im here to get help with fixing up my Monte Carlo, have it ready to look like the day i got it back in October and help others on what i know I don't know much but I could help someday from others helping me in the future. Any questions just ask, and when i get time ill go to the shop that's fixing my car and hopefully get some pictures of the bumper, headlight, drivers door, rear bumper etc. since she destroyed my car.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

sorry to hear that Matt but welcome to the forum !! lots of good people one here to help you out

Old 04-05-2011, 02:17 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome for sure! It sounds like the Monte is back in good hands.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:54 PM

Yeah it is back in good hands, but it was just upsetting that she had the car and had two accidents, never filed a claim or anything and it just made me so upset, the accident on the driver side some guy hit her and sped off on a motorcycle. The next was the front right side of the car, headlight was smashed in, and from the beginning of the headlight all the way to the quarter panel and that missing section was in the trunk The interior looked like crap as well, it had that smokers smell to it ( I hate cigarettes ) and the nice tan leather of all the seats looked worn out and horrible. Its gonna cost me a lot to fix up but in the long run it will look good the way a Monte carlo is supposed to I'm just glad that the car doesn't have to be in her hands anymore and i can drive around and keep the car looking the way its suppose to look.

I do plan on modding somethings on this car but fixing it up is gonna have to be done first, that's my major priority right now. These forums should have most of my answers I seek, as I have already found a lot of answers from just browsing.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here is a great link and a ton of info on your 6th gen I hope it helps !!
http://gmheritagecenter.com/gm-herit...tion-kits.html

Old 04-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum, Sounds like you will have a nice Monte....

Old 04-05-2011, 04:48 PM

@Blazed SS- Thanks Man appreciate the link! hope I can find whatever i need there and here as well

@zjerry- It was a nice Monte haha, not anymore tho but i know the restoration will take some time to fix it up and it will be well worth the wait in the end when i get the car to how i need it to be fixed up

Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Welcome Matt good luck getting it fixed up

Old 04-05-2011, 05:46 PM

Welcome to the Forum ! You have came to the right place good luck !

Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site! I'm glad you got your Monte back!

Quick Reply: Hello all :)