New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Default Hello

I'm from calgary, alberta canada. I've always liked monte carlo's and finally got my hands on just a 07 base model. I had some general questions about the car. Maybe i missed the section but i didnt think it would be a big deal.

First i decided to change the brakes at only 69,000km and i was wondering about the back sliders. One seems to have a little black piece, i believe the top one and i would like to know why? Also are the interchangeable or does it need to stay as the top slider?

Last i have just one of those plain spoilers and i really want the fin that comes on the SS models. Is this something easily achieved?

Thanks for the help and its nice to meet everyone.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 AM

Welcome of course, always great to see somone that loves Monte's as much as we all do
Im not sure what you mean by "sliders"? Do you mean rotors?
And about the spoiler, if the money is right, it is somthing VERY easily achived. Just a little measuring and drilling required. I actually just installed a new spoiler I aaquired from a member here and installation only took a half hour (thats with me knowing nothing of how to go about it and got it like that)
I do belive member Silverbullit is actually selling one of those now for a decent price.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:45 AM

as far as sliders go, they connect the caliper to the shoe on the back, same with any car i just noticed a little black piece on one of them and not the other, it may be very minor but i thought i would ask.

I would really like one of those SS spoilers, where can i find the member selling it and view some pictures?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:48 AM

Well I just checked and he sold it I think yesterday
Also, ebay has them and I do belive you can use any of them from 00-07? Pretty sure.
You could also put up a topic in the wanted section here saying you want on and somone might be selling one in the future
As for the brakes, are you talkign about the pads?

Old 06-30-2010, 06:25 AM

Hey Jeffo, welcome to the forum. You may also want to check Morad auto salvage. They are in Ohio but should be able to ship to you. They cater to the gm w-body peeps.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Please don't listen to anything about spoilers that you currently just read. He's talking for people that currently do NOT have a spoiler.

You have the flat style (surfboard) spoiler correct? The one that looks like my signature picture? Well, lucky for you, the swap to the 06/07 stand up spoiler is very very easy (IF you can find one) They use the same bolt holes and everything. If you have the money, you can buy a primed one from GM for like $400 dollars, but if you have patience just keep checking moradpartscompany.com, craigslist, and local junk yards.

The stand-up spoiler from 00-05 WILL NOT fit without you having to fill the current holes, and drilling new ones.

I have done the swap from the surfboard to the stand-up from an 06 SS. However it took me 1.5 years to finally find the spoiler!!! Don't give up

Old 06-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum! And good luck in your search!

Lisa

Old 06-30-2010, 08:36 AM

Okay, I was under the impression he had no spoiler... Honest mistake, no need to get excited.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 AM

Even at that, when he puts the spoiler on the trunk lid to see how it matches, hes gonna see there are two extra holes there right? Thats why I said I wasnt 100% sure on that also.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome!

As mentioned by ChibiBlackSheep, you MUST find a 06/07 Nascar Inspired spoiler (the one used on upper model LT's and the SS). The Pace car spoiler from the 00-05's will not bolt right up, and will leave you with the need for filling holes and painting the trunk.

Now, as mentioned by Mike, yes the 06/07 spoiler will fit in the holes you already have, but they ARE hard to come by. I found a used on for my car (which used to have the flat surfboard spoiler) on craigslist. Keep in mind, when you do the spoiler swap, you should have money set aside for repainting the trunk lid too. Even the 06/07 Nascar spoiler does not go onto the trunk as far as the surfboard spoiler. So make sure you are prepaired to repaint your entire trunk lid when doing the swap.

Quick Reply: Hello