New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hellloooo

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Default Hellloooo

Hey, so I bought a 2003 Monte Carlo SS Limited Edition Pace Car last week. I wasn't out looking for a car by any means, and I was relatively happy with the ones I already had but this car shouted sexy. Has 49k miles on it, fully loaded except for on-star and paid, $7,800 for her, and I couldn't be happier with it!(coming from a Mopar guy!)

I just had a quick question.. says on my sheet there was a total of 6,073 of these cars made between 2000 and 2003 with the color and taz decals on some being the main difference between the years.. red.. black..yellow then blue. I was wondering how do I go about finding out what number out of 1401 made in '03 my car is?? Any info would be awesome! Thanks. =)

Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Default RE: Hellloooo

welcome!!!! some one here that has the special editions will easily be able to tell you how to find your number. id think it would be on the dash somewere maby. sounds like a great car!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hey michael, welcome to MCF.com! i wondered the same thing about my 05 MC tony stewart edition. i did a search on here for "build number of my car" or something similar and found a thread about it. it's pretty long but somewhere towards the end i re-posted the phone number I called and contacted Chevy. i gave them my vin # and they told me what # mine was.

if i ever get through the 10 pages of "posts since my last visit" i'll find the thread and link it here for you (unless someone beats me to it, which i imagine will happen cuz everyone here is awesome!)

you'll enjoy your time here, i promise! these people really know our montes!!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies. I did just check the dash to see if I missed anything as well, it only says limited edition, and on the opposite side it says Pace Car. I will scower the threads for the number as well! :P Thank ya very much!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome and congrats on your new car. It sounds like you got a great deal. There were so few 06-07 Monte Carlos made they practically are all limited editions! lol

Did you know the Corvette out sold the Monte Carlo in 2006? That is just crazy!! lol

Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 PM

I didn't know that the Vette out did the Monte, but to be completely honest I'm not at all surprised. Only in the last week I have people asking me what kind of car this is, its kind of interesting because I had no idea people weren't familiar with it. Only other car I have thats like that is my Subaru SVX.. now there is a rare car :P

I also found the link to the numbers and email for anyone reading this that may eventually be interested!

https://montecarloforum.com/m_60273/tm.htm

Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!
Congratulations on finding a very rare Pace Car edition. The 2003 Pace Car is one of my favourites because of the color. That blue color really pops in sunlight. Long time forum member RJ is lucky enough to have found a 2003 Pace Car as well.

I wish you the best of luck with getting the build number of your pace car. As you may have read in the other thread. Many people have tried to contact Chevrolet to get the build number of their car. And many have had little or no luck. We were all pleasantly surprised when ChevySSgirl, Jamie Lynn, was successful recently. So maybe there is hope after all. Or maybe it just took a woman's touch to get them to co-operate.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 AM

Hi `Michael, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.
You got yourself a super deal on a 2003 Limited Edition
Monte Carlo SSPace Car 4-Sure [8D]
We hope you posts some pictures soon, and let use know
what number it is when your obtain it.
Wish you safe/fun/fast miles,
from `Space

Old 03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the new ride! Chevy stopped “offically” making the pace car editions in 2003. I am guessing they only made about 2000-3000 pace car editions each year from 2000-2003.