New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Greetings from Northern Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Greetings from Northern Alabama

Hey Everyone,

My Monte Carlo is an '02 MC SS 3.8L purchased new. It was intended to be my primary vehicle to replace the motorcycle that got trashed by a wayward limo driver in NJ. But my wife liked the Monte so much she took control of it and hasn't relinquished it yet.

It is currently stock. I plan to change that in the near future. Basically some straightforward performance upgrades; nothing too radical. As I learn more from those of you who have already done mod's, maybe that will change and I'll get more adventurous.

I actually ride a motorcycle about 80% of the time. My current ride is a '97 Honda VFR750, a great midsized sport touring bike. Excellent as a commuter with trunk / saddlebags. Vroom vroom.

When not riding or stealing time in my wife's Monte Carlo, I spend time between two old Jag's: an '86 XJ6 (4.2L inline 6) and a '90 XJS (5.3L V-12). The XJ6 will be up for sale soon. The XJS I'll probably keep for a couple more years. My long range plan is to sell the XJS, put the money toward a new car for the wife, and FINALLY take over the Monte Carlo as my daily driver (when not riding the Viffer).

One more car in the stable: a '73 Mercedes 220. Simple, dependable, built like a tank. It's really my daughter's car. She thinks that old Mercedes is the GREATEST car in the world. Quite a head-turner. I guess she acquired Dad's fascination with old cars. Who would have thunk it...

Look forward to learning from others (and sharing what I can) on the Forum.

Regards,
Dave

Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

welcome to the forum. dig the bike, i've got a '74 750-Four and an '85 nighthawk 650, among others not many people think of a honda when they think motorcycles, but i'd take it over a harly any day.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

Old 08-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by skylark65
welcome to the forum. dig the bike, i've got a '74 750-Four and an '85 nighthawk 650, among others not many people think of a honda when they think motorcycles, but i'd take it over a harly any day.
Yeah, the VFR is a great bike. Has a cult-like following of riding enthusiasts. I love the single-sided swingarm; the WIDE powerband; great mileage even with 'spirited' riding (almost 50mpg). Makes a great commuter. I've ridden Harley's and BMW's in the past. Other than a couple old BMW's I still like, I'd take the VFR over anything (especially a Harley). Never had a Honda Nighthawk, but would have killed for a Nighthawk 750 in the early 90's (ended up with a Sportster instead for a few years).

Old 08-11-2010, 01:31 PM

Hi `Dave, and Welcome to the MonteCarloFamily.

You have some awesome rides, and we hope to see pictures of all of them and hear all about them.

Look forward to your future posts.
Wish you safe/fun/happy miles in or on all your rides.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Woww, I could've swore that I posted on here but that could just be the meds making me think that lol. But anyway welcome to the forum & post pics up when you can =)

Old 08-12-2010, 12:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Woah woahh now I know why it feels like I've posted on here already lol I posted on your intro thread on the Chevy forum LOL! Wowww blonde moment!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Woah woahh now I know why it feels like I've posted on here already lol I posted on your intro thread on the Chevy forum LOL! Wowww blonde moment!
Sorry, SpinEm, my bad! I joined both forums recently. Much of my 'New Member' post here was cut/paste from the Chevy forum post. So you're not going crazy, just very observant!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi `Dave, and Welcome to the MonteCarloFamily.

You have some awesome rides, and we hope to see pictures of all of them and hear all about them.

Look forward to your future posts.
Wish you safe/fun/happy miles in or on all your rides.
Thanks, KidSpace. Once I get past the 'New Member Waiting Period' I'll get some pic's of all my rides up.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Northern Alabama