New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Greetings from Flint, Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 AM
Default Greetings from Flint, Michigan

Alright, this is a car forum, so I'll start off with the rides.
2002 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS (Daily Driver) It's still stock, but this winter that will all be changing.
1970 Chevelle SS (Ok, it's not a big block, but it is all numbers matching, and it happens to be one of 5 cars ordered with all the SS options except the big block. So stripes, dash, sway bars, wheels, all that stuff... I would say it was an SS without the *****, but the motor is a 1970 LT1 350 (370hp) with a TH400 tranny... it all checked out with Chevy and I've got the letters from them and the original build sheets. Good stuff... very fun car.)

I'm a fire-fighter for Mundy Township here, just outside of Flint. It's a lot of fun, and it makes it legal for me to drive fast on occasion. Everyone seems to ask why I started doing it... I wanted to help people when they needed someone the most... I figure if your house is on fire and you need out, that's a pretty good time to be helped. I guess not many people want to do it, or could handle it... at least that's what they tell me, but I think it just takes a special kind of person. It's not that macho alpha-male bs, it's just overcoming your fear to impact someone's life in a positive way... usually. Other than that I'm a semi-professional drummer, which is equally as cool. We've got both Sony Records and Universal "scouting" us, but really that doesn't mean anything other than they've liked what they've heard... it doesn't mean they won't turn their noses and walk away at anytime... but I really just do it because I love to.

You'll learn more about me as time goes on and I post more... I'm very cynical and opinionated... I say what's on my mind, so if you get offended, it'll probably be just the tip of the iceberg... I'm not here to go out of my way to **** people off, but I'm also not afraid to speak my mind...

Old 08-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Default RE: Greetings from Flint, Michigan

Welcome to the forum.....

I would say it was an SS without the *****, but the motor is a 1970 LT1 350 (370hp) with a TH400 tranny...
That is a killer ride with bigger ***** than my 6th gen Monte... lol I'd like to see some pics..

2002 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS (Daily Driver) It's still stock, but this winter that will all be changing.
What all do you have planned for your Monte in the way of mods?

I'm very cynical and opinionated... I say what's on my mind, so if you get offended, it'll probably be just the tip of the iceberg... I'm not here to go out of my way to **** people off, but I'm also not afraid to speak my mind...
Well, I am glad to see that Montels will finally have some competition.....lol J/K Rich............

Welcome aboard and enjoy the forum!! Make sure you get around to the photo gallery, I would love to see some pics of your rides...

Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

Welcome to the forum.....

I would say it was an SS without the *****, but the motor is a 1970 LT1 350 (370hp) with a TH400 tranny...
That is a killer ride with bigger ***** than my 6th gen Monte... lol I'd like to see some pics..

What all do you have planned for your Monte in the way of mods?

I'm very cynical and opinionated... I say what's on my mind, so if you get offended, it'll probably be just the tip of the iceberg... I'm not here to go out of my way to **** people off, but I'm also not afraid to speak my mind...
Well, I am glad to see that Montels will finally have some competition.....lol J/K Rich............

Welcome aboard and enjoy the forum!! Make sure you get around to the photo gallery, I would love to see some pics of your rides...

For my Monte I'm thinking the K&N AirCharger, and then some form of SLP exhaust, but I'm not sure what just yet. Intake and exhaust is the most important thing to me right off the bat, after that I'm not sure what I'll do. What' I'd really like to do is get a new hood, I was hoping for a Camaro SS (4th gen) style scoop hood or something at least cool, but I haven't found anything yet... I'm surprised there aren't more people making aftermarket Monte parts... I mean seriously, do they not see how many Montes are on the Highways?

I'd rather avoid the glue on scoops and all that and have a real functional scoop... with a little work I might be able to work
it into my AirCharger... it'd be really nice to go with a Cowl hood... even sweeter if they had the ZL2 style cowl (with the flipper door like on the 70/71/72 Velles).

I'll post some pics of the Chevelle in a few minutes...

Old 08-11-2005, 01:33 PM

Pics are posted... the gallery is "GrinNBearThis".

Old 08-11-2005, 01:43 PM

Wow, that Chevelle is way too cool. Nice and clean...

There is only one design running around out there for our Monte's that I just don't care for. Not because it does not look good but it's the only hood you see out there on our 6th gen. I would like to see a cowl type hood myself.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:04 AM

welcome to the forum grin, and I commend you for what you do, you are absolutely right, it does take a special breed, I have never given that profession a try but I imagine it might be some what scary at times. I also like the whole cynical thing, I'm just like that. I will speak my mind no matter what. anyway, since you told us so much about yourself I guess I will let you know a bit about me.

I am a United States Marine currently stationed at MCB Camp Pendleton, just returned from a 10 month tour in Iraq and most likely going back in February. I don't mind, it's not all tha bad, at least I didnt think it was, well except all the death and destruction, other than that it was kewl. If you want to check out my Monte, its the only one with the giant orange flames on the front, also this month's "Monte Of The Month". I don't want to sound like i'm bragging or anything, but i'm just so damn cool. lol, just kidding. anyway, enjoy the forum, oh, and by the way, that is a nice friggin ride, I like it.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:56 AM

My old man was stationed at Pendleton... he was a Demolitions Expert back in the late 70's. He never lets me forget the old "Once a Marine always a Marine" thing, though...

I appreciate what you do, by the way. So thank you. *salute

I dig the flamejob... now we all just need some friggin' hoods for our rides...

Old 08-12-2005, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: GrinNBarrett
I'm not here to go out of my way to **** people off, but I'm also not afraid to speak my mind...
That's me dead on.

Welcome to the board!

Old 08-12-2005, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

I'm not here to go out of my way to **** people off, but I'm also not afraid to speak my mind...
That's me dead on.

Welcome to the board!
Thanks. I really think it seems to be just car guys in general... not many of us are the silent type...

Old 08-12-2005, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

That's me dead on.

Welcome to the board!
Thanks. I really think it seems to be just car guys in general... not many of us are the silent type...

He's got a good point there.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Flint, Michigan