New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Greetings from BC Canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Greetings from BC Canada

Greetings!

I have a 2001 Monte Carlo SS and I am damn proud to own her.

No accidents, K&N air filter, slight repairs here and there.

LOVE the traction control here in the great white north!

Anyways,

Hi!

Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

welcome to the forum. i can't believe that the traction control is all that? this is the first winter since i bought my car and i'm a little worried about driving in the snow! on a bad day, i will most likely only have to drive in, maybe 6-7 inches of snow! but i would hate to beat up my car for that, i'd rather call of work on days like that!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 AM

Welcome `Shandley to our Monte Carlo Family
We would love to see pictures of your Monte Carlo
and please tell us more about the Great White North

We have several great member's from Canada &
we look forward to your future contributions.
EnJoy the MCF
Wish you safe/fun trouble free miles in your Monte
Happy Holidays to you & yours.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:42 AM

Welcome

Old 12-10-2009, 06:37 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
welcome to the forum. i can't believe that the traction control is all that? this is the first winter since i bought my car and i'm a little worried about driving in the snow! on a bad day, i will most likely only have to drive in, maybe 6-7 inches of snow! but i would hate to beat up my car for that, i'd rather call of work on days like that!

godmornin all and chris I completely agreee with that. the oldest just grabed the winter driver so I'm back in the monte (with winter wheels) and scared to death right now. she hugs the ground as is but with the glass body kit she tend to sit even lower. don't have days to use..biting my nails with the weather.

welcome to the forum!!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:05 AM

welcome to the forum!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
The traction control is all that and then a whole lot more. Last year we had a foot of snow one night. I was up at 6 ready to go to school when I found out it was closed. Well, I was already up so me and my girl decided it hit up the local Tim Hortons for some coffee or hot chocolate.

Pulling out down the road, yes the tires slipped (I had some pretty awfuly low tred on my all seasons) but I moved.. and I moved well. Further down the street was a car in trouble. An obvious rear wheel mustang. So I pull up and I help push the mustang back into the driveway and told the driver to call in to work to let them know they were not coming in.

About a block away, there was a Mercedes doing the same thing. They had traction control but they were still stuck. I helped them free but they wanted to go to work.

A few blocks later, another car. Cavalier. Same deal.

A couple blocks more, there is the Mercedes stuck.... up against another car. That'll learn him.

The only cars I saw after that were the cops and snowmobiles.

Anyways, you get my point. Now I have snowies on for shoes and cannot wait to use the car in the snow again.

As for 'beating' on the car, its not too bad. I give 'er a nice cut polish waxing before the season and the night before a snowfall, I wash the car and use Meguiars Tech wax. When I get home after driving in the snow, I hit the car with some water form my hose and leave it (indoor garage with heat so it doesn't freeze). My paint still looks brand new after 9 years.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Last edited by Shandley; 12-10-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

^^^^What he said X2^^^^^

And I'd put my Monte up against ANYTHING on the road for stopping and driving on icy roads. Deep snow? No, but average driving, in the 40 years I've been driving, this car is HANDS DOWN the BEST driver in the winter I have ever had, bar none. 4x4s, SUVs, big cars, small cars, I've owned and driven them all in the winter, and with WINTER TIRES (I have Goodyear Ultra Grips), this car is unstoppable. I'll NEVER drive 4x4 in the winter again.
My wife drives a Silverado Z71, and I actually feel UNSAFE in it. It's TOO tall, and I feel like I'm going to roll over in it. I guess I've seen WAY too many SUVs rolled and on their roofs. MOSTLY Excursions, Escalades and Explorers. I couldn't begin to count how many in the last 10 years.
Give me some good tires, good traction control and ABS, a little heft and HP, and keep me close to the GROUND!

BTW, Welcome to the MCF family!

Last edited by RocknSS04; 12-10-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Welcome.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Welcome!

Quick Reply: Greetings from BC Canada