New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

First thread, 02 Monte sound system upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Talking First thread, 02 Monte sound system upgrade.

My Monte Carlo and I have been through a lot together, seeing as it is my first car. Two engines, two radiators, four batteries, two sets of tires, three sound sytems, countless body work, a new head unit, and endless DIY attempts. And I still love this vehicle. My most recent project is upgrading form 2 JL 12W3's pushing around 900 watts on a Treo amp, up to 1 15" Fi BL sub, a Crescendo BC2000 amp, a big 3 upgrade and a Shuriken battery in the trunk. Monte's are the perfect car for an aftermarket sound system, do to just trunk space and overall acoustic qualities. What all systems do y'all have in your Monte's?

Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 PM

i have 1 12" kenwoods,700watts a peice and only a 600watt amp,its on stock head unit so it cuts in and out alot so i dont use it much:/ but when it hits i love it and its awsome

Old 06-03-2012, 10:08 PM

I have that there original sound system lol. For now anyways I'm hoping to keep the original head unit and put in my 12 inch kicker CVR or maybe it was CVX don't rember in a ported box in the trunk with hopefully a 1000 watt or 1200 watt amp all I have right now is a 600 and I think the RMS for my sub was 800 so kinda wanna upgrade before I do the install.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site. My stereo is stock but I may add a powered sub someday. My question for you is how did you go through 2 motors?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Joby45
My Monte Carlo and I have been through a lot together, seeing as it is my first car. Two engines, two radiators, four batteries, two sets of tires, three sound sytems, countless body work, a new head unit, and endless DIY attempts. And I still love this vehicle. My most recent project is upgrading form 2 JL 12W3's pushing around 900 watts on a Treo amp, up to 1 15" Fi BL sub, a Crescendo BC2000 amp, a big 3 upgrade and a Shuriken battery in the trunk. Monte's are the perfect car for an aftermarket sound system, do to just trunk space and overall acoustic qualities. What all systems do y'all have in your Monte's?

Hi `Joby & Welcome to the MCF
We would like to see pic's of your Monte & your system 4-Sure...What is size of the last engine you installed ? How long have you owned your Monte ? How many miles are on it ? Look forward to your future contributions
Explore & Enjoy the MCF

Old 06-04-2012, 07:19 AM

If I were y'all, I would move up to an aftermarket head unit, that way you can better tune your subwoofer. I had a system with the stock head unit and it's really restricting. There just isn't enough EQ options. The stock Bass EQ option will be for both your subs and your component speakers. I made that mistake and blew em out. As to the two engines, I'm currently on my second. Well, i like to go fast, so this car does it for me. I was unaware of a coolant leak one night, my gauges didn't register for some reason and next thing I know, my engine sounds like a powerstroke. I pull over and call my stepdad(mechanic), he shows up and tells me that i've shelled it. Too much speed.

As to Mr. Mod: I'll be uploading pics through my whole system rebuild project for sure!
I just replaced my engine with the same 3.8L, sadly, I wanted to go bigger.
On the 11'th it'll be 5 years with my Monte. By the time I get back from work today, she'll be at 140K on the odometer. For an 02, I guess that isn't bad. Thanks for the support guys.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum. I'm running a single 12" Alpine Type-R sub with my stock system to give it a bit more bass, nothing crazy. Powered by an Alpine Mono Amplifier mounted to the back of my custom built box. Still have plenty of trunk space, rear seat pass through space, and spare tire access with my setup. This exact same setup was in my yellow 03 and the box was painted yellow to match that car. When the 03 was totaled, I pulled it from that car and repainted the box black to match my 06 before re-installing it.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:39 AM

Thanks Joby for your reply & we will be looking 4ward to your updates....I hope your 2nd engine is strong & runs good
=========================================
Hi `Matt, thanks for your post & contributions.....great add 2 your stock system to get some "`Thump'in from the bass"

Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have 4000 watts of pure MTX sound system. includeing 2 MTX 12's and other speakers instahled by MTX.

This whole system was instahled. By the MTX reps... I lucked out..I was at Mickey shores here in michigan. MTX was there with 1 of there display vehicles showing off there latest system.. When they found out I wanted all there top of the line MTX system. They told the guys at Mickey Shores. Dont touch it. we'll instahl it for him....And so they did! Custom sub box and everything custom wireing speakers amps etc etc..

I havent had a single issue with it in the 13yrs !!!
It still sounds like the day they instahled the system!

It still makes your hair stand on end when you crank it up!

Old 06-04-2012, 06:18 PM

MistreSS, that system is clean! I love how slick the box looks. I'll settle down to a single 12 at some point later, but for now i'm in the "go big or go home" phase in my life. haha.

Stumpi, that sounds pretty stick. You should link some youtube videos/pics of it.

Quick Reply: First thread, 02 Monte sound system upgrade.