New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

First car....

Old 10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Default First car....

Well it looks like I am new again on an another board

The story of me and my Monte is kind of unusal as in the fact that I am a diehard truck guy. I love early nineties Chevy/GMC trucks and the thought of me in a car was unhard of. Well all of my friends are Pontiac guys and they all have Pontiacs with the 3800 engine and most have the GTPs and have been trying to get me into a car for years.

Well one Friday night I get a pic of a 04 black Monte SS Supercharged on my phone. Come to find out one of my friend's is looking to trade his car off for a GTP and they was out looking at cars and ran across this Monte and sent it to me. Well over the week I kinda toyed with the idea of me in a car and decided that it might not be to bad of an idea....just to look at it. So when my friend called me up asking what I had planned for Sat...and I told him that I had to make a trip. When he asked where and found out that I was going to look at the Monte...my cell phone lit up with texts. You would have thought that I was getting married. So Sat came and my friend used my driveway and did his repairs on his car. (I think he was stalling so my other friend could get his stuff done and come over) And we all when down there. In the week's time I looked the car up on the internet and found out that they was asking 11k and Kelly Blue Book for the car in perfect shape was $10250. I kind a talked myself out of any chance of really getting it because I just couldn't afford it. Well we went down there and I test drove it...for 104k it still had nice pull to it when I floored it. I didn't hear anything wrong with the engine it seemed very strong. Well the salesman was really wanting to sell it and showed me the carfax and I seen it was in an accident and then used as a fleet car. (Usually not always but usually they take care of fleet cars and they normally have alot of highway miles) So when he asked me what I thought of the car I told him it was a good car but not worth what they are asking. He kinda got a confused look on his face because the car didn't have a price on it. I told him that they are asking 11k for the car and Kelly Blue Book for a car in perfect shape was $10250 and that car was not in perfect shape. Then I pointed out all of the things wrong and how stuff is worn on it. (Trim on the door is there but broke, looks like someone got careless with a lift, front bumper looks like it had two or three coats of the maco special paint job and all of the rock chips and stratches had what looked like a 3 year old try to fill them and the buttons on the steering wheel is worn bad.) I just told him that car was not worth 11k and he said well let me talk to someone and see if they can get it dropped. So I walked out and smoked a cig and waited and talked with my friends. He walked out and told me 250 a month and I thanked him for his time and was ready to walk. He asked me what I could afford and I was being cocky because I didn't think I could own this thing anyways and shot my mouth off ....200 a month. He told me there is no way they would go for it and I said ok and was getting ready to tell my friends lets get out of here when he said well let me check then he asked me if I was going to buy the car if he could get it down to that price. I told him I was 90% sure I would buy it if they did. To my surprise they came down to 206 and total cost as $8500 but I had to buy it that day. (Sometimes having a smart mouth gets me into more trouble then I care for) So I thought about it for afew...I figured if I ever owned a car it would be supercharged and it would have to be black and well I did like the look of it. The major down fall was I just got out of debt (cept for my house payment) that month and here I am going right back into debt for the next 4 years. I guess I was feeling really froggy that day so I leaped on it and well sometimes I just go into the garage to see if I really did that. Now I have had the car for two months and can't wait to get it payed off to free up money to do more things to it.

Two weeks after I got it, my friends got a stock air box and gutted it for another friend...he couldn't use it so it was given to me. Then my other friend bought a K&N drop-in filter for it and put it in...that opened it up so you can hear the supercharger some. Man, I can't stop doing stuff to that car, I have flipped the rubber (the ones inside the dogbones/supports), wirewheeled the lat supports and repainted them, cooling system flush, detailed it and changed the spark plugs. And the list goes on and on, on what I want to do to it.

PS I have only made two payments on it and she will do 15.02 @ 91.66 in the quarter with a bad motor mount which I now have one on order.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

cool man, glad you got it, sounds pretty sweet. by the way welcome to the MCF, i walked out 3 times before i actually bought my monte, but for a little more and a little longer payment term, but right around the price per month that you got yours for and yeah, the guy said the price is only good for that day and he wanted to sell me the car, go figure! salesman suck? but glad you have a nice monte, see ya

Old 10-03-2009, 07:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man.

Kewl story. How about a some pics?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the group. Nice track time for a stock Monte - what was your 60' time?

Old 10-04-2009, 03:34 AM

This is her in stock from...I have started doing afew things here and there but don't really want to post pics yet as I would like to get it tinted and repaint some of the badges. So when I get the money...that is what I will be doing.

Attached Thumbnails First car....-picture-003.jpg   First car....-picture-005.jpg   First car....-picture-008.jpg   First car....-picture-010.jpg   First car....-picture-059.jpg  

Old 10-04-2009, 07:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Welcome to the MCF family from another '04 S/C owner. Taz, our admin' also has an '04 S/C Monte, but his is the Dale Junior car, and mine is the Dale Senior car.
Glad to hear you like your Monte, and that it made you come over from the "truck" side! Nothing wrong with trucks. We have a real nice '99 Z71 sportside, also, among a couple other cars
As they told you, the FIRST thing anyone MUST do is get rid of that restrictive air box. I've never had mine down the 1/4, but I do know that going to the K&N gave me 2 mpg instantly. How many hp is 2 mpg?
I'm glad you're here. Between your GTP buddies and the info here and elsewhere, you should have no problems getting your S/C Monte into FINE shape.
Welcome!

Old 10-05-2009, 04:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

heyy! welcome to the site! awesome that you could get the car man =] i also have a 04 S/C monte, they're so much fun =D enjoy your monte =]

Old 10-05-2009, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Welcome to the MCF family from another '04 S/C owner. Taz, our admin' also has an '04 S/C Monte, but his is the Dale Junior car, and mine is the Dale Senior car.
Glad to hear you like your Monte, and that it made you come over from the "truck" side! Nothing wrong with trucks. We have a real nice '99 Z71 sportside, also, among a couple other cars
As they told you, the FIRST thing anyone MUST do is get rid of that restrictive air box. I've never had mine down the 1/4, but I do know that going to the K&N gave me 2 mpg instantly. How many hp is 2 mpg?
I'm glad you're here. Between your GTP buddies and the info here and elsewhere, you should have no problems getting your S/C Monte into FINE shape.
Welcome!
Ty and yes my GTP buddies have been showing me the ropes. I don't think I had the car a week before one dropped off a gutted airbox and the other had a K/N drop in filter. And when I say gutted I do mean gutted...when it is installed all you see is a massive opening and the PCM and there is nothing blocking the filter. She has alittle ways to go but I will get her there soon euff.

And Ty everyone. It is a pleasure to be here.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 PM

Welcome! I too have a 04 S/C monte, and like everyone else said they are fun to drive! I came from owning a truck also and its a whole new world.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Welcome, cool story. You will love your MC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First car....