New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Demon Algorithm

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 06:26 AM
Exclamation Demon Algorithm

Hi, I am a new member and have a question regarding the Demon algorithm, introduced by Creutz in early 1980s. How do you prove that it satisfies the detailed balance condition? The transition from one state to another is deterministic, the reversibility of a step is not clear to me. Thank you.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:38 AM

Just threw in a frozen pizza if you want some..

Old 02-09-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by aminard
Hi, I am a new member and have a question regarding the Demon algorithm, introduced by Creutz in early 1980s. How do you prove that it satisfies the detailed balance condition? The transition from one state to another is deterministic, the reversibility of a step is not clear to me. Thank you.

Pardon Me But WHAT ??? Herman Jibberish

Old 02-10-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Herman Munster
Pardon Me But WHAT ??? Herman Jibberish
Its just a silly attempt at trolling.. The demon algorithm is part of something called the "monte carlo method". They must have came across "MCF" while googling these. Sure wish I had that kinda time huh..?

OP, you want to reverse an evident result of numbers, a numerical result that was determined randomly in the first place.. Aint nobody got time fadat.

Last edited by wht02monte; 02-10-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Its just a silly attempt at trolling.. The demon algorithm is part of something called the "monte carlo method". They must have came across "MCF" while googling these. Sure wish I had that kinda time huh..?

OP, you want to reverse an evident result of numbers, a numerical result that was determined randomly in the first place.. Aint nobody got time fadat.

On the forum where I am an admin we call this spam . And crap like this is deleted right along with the person who posted it and their IP banned from returning. Herman

Last edited by Herman Munster; 02-10-2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by aminard
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave Moody Blues

Old 02-11-2018, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Herman Munster
On the forum where I am an admin we call this spam . And crap like this is deleted right along with the person who posted it and their IP banned from returning. Herman
Surely any forum has the same rules, this one included.. Although banning OPs IP may be a bit extreme, deleting the topic can be justified but I dont see OP coming back here with good reason.. No harm being done, OP just having a little fun trying to be witty.. I got a little chuckle out of it..