New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Confused 2007 Monte Lover needs advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Red face Confused 2007 Monte Lover needs advice

Greetings everyone-I have a 2007 Mobte Carlo with almost 78,000 miles. I am debating whether to trade it in for a new car, but as we all know there are no new Montes coming out. I have a few issues with my car - one is whenever it is pouring rain - I get some water coming in by the drivers feet & a small amount by the passengers feet. It does not seem to be coming from the door itself-I have no idea-I had the windshield replaced awhile ago & they say it is not from the windshield. It seems to be coming in around the parking brake - under the dashboard on the far left - the dealership says it will take 2 1/2 hours for them to figure it out & I don't have the money to have them search-has anyone else had this problem & any suggestions? Also sometimes when I shift the gear out of park it gets stuck for a second or two - does that mean it is time for a new tranny soon???? I use my car alot & drive by myself- I hate to get rid of it but just spent another $652 for a valve solenoid & a intern shaft......If anyone could help me with these issues I would be GREATLY appreciated. I do not know alot about cars, ZI am a female & use my car for business & need to feel safe & secure.- thank you.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Greetings!

I don't recall a common leakage problem, but the problem with the shifter might be from bad wiring going to the connector on the shift lock solenoid located under the center console. A few owners have reported frayed/broken wiring which has led to not being able to shift out of park at all.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:49 PM

I have an 06 and the trannys in the 06 to 07s suck mine shifts hard if you keep the car and you replace the tranny up grade to a better tranny i have talked to a few people about the tranny on mine and they all say the same thing the trannys gm put in the newer montes are not good at all

Old 09-09-2012, 08:51 PM

I think the leak is cabin air filter. mine doesnt do it But there is a thread on here how to fix it. By its leak placement thats all I think it can be. If it says trac control engaged or whatever it is a wheel hub ($700) or frayed wiring ($30) I had both. If it just wont come out of park I have no idea. Trannys in these suck hard. IF trans is bad, I would get a rebuild by a shop and have them do a performance rebuild so everything is beefier. That way your tranns will last til 300k+.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 PM

Welcome to the Forum....I also have a 2007 Monte, with 61,000 miles. It's my daily driver and so far I've had NO mechanical problems with it (knock on wood). Post pictures of your's when you can - you'll find lots of good advice and friendship here on the Monte Carlo Forum. Is your Monte an LT, LS or SS? Supercharged? Have you done any mods yet, like new exhaust? Any exterior changes?

Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[QUOTE=SuzyNY;493618]Greetings everyone-I have a 2007 Mobte Carlo with almost 78,000 miles.I am a female & use my car for business & need to feel safe & secure.- thank you.Hi Suzy. Wow your print sure is small. I had to go get my wifes glasses to read it. lol Sorry just teasin you. I think your over thinking some of this. Getting somethings fixed is cheaper then having a $ 400+ monthly payment. Even if you had to replace a transmission. Your cabin filter is located under the hood next to the passenger side. Instead of taking your car to a dealer. See you can find a Precision tune auto repair shop. or even a GOODYEAR tire store. Some of them have a repair shop with them. That dealer telling you 2 to 3 hrs to fig it out is NUTS. At $ 100+ an hr labor rate. My wife took her car to Precision and they even showed her how to replace her filter next time. The Goodyear dealer by us if a family run place and we have used them aslo good people in both places. Yur problem is you have to take and most likely leave it for the day. Good luck SuzyNY hope it all works out for you. Check & see if you have something like these two near you. Our shop is run by two firemen here in town. Ok have a good day.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site. The cabin filter issue can be found here. LINK https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...lem-fix-26663/

Old 09-10-2012, 02:55 PM

thx lou couldnt find it.