New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Army Vet needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Default Army Vet needs help!

Hello all I'm new to this site but I have herd great things about and hope to share and learn many things from here. The reason I am writing this is I have been a big fan of Monte Carlos. I was currently working on 2 project I have been working the for the last 3 years the first is my 86 ss I have put in a 74 vette motor build to about 400hp this car has took me through the mud having it's fourth motor and hasn't seen the road since I bought it back in 08 and my Second is a 77 something that I picked up from soldier going to Iraq the motor was shot out I had a 383 in 87 ss that was totaled (hit a bobcat at 130 mph rebulid the motor and my injuries I got from serving left knee and now I have injured my spine and can no longer finshed on my owe really can't send back to a speed shop due to on top of not being able to work anymore I'm 32 raising 2 kids on my own living on 30% va disabitly which is peanuts I'm really stuck on what to do I'm so close but just dont have the strengh to finsh since lately it's been back and forth to the doc any advice would be great

Old 01-20-2012, 12:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:14 AM

Welcome to the MCF. I am sorry about your situation and am not certain what you are asking.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:17 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Welcome to the Forum, what are you needing help with?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

welcome!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 PM

Welcome. There's a few other veterans lurking around here, and a few I think (myself included) who are still in.

Good luck with your Monte

Old 01-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey bud, tough situation. The local high school will usually have a auto shop and take on projects. So long as this is not to over the top like a one up build etc., approach the shop teacher and let him know your situation. Least it might get done, go around and beat on doors of some local auto shops and tell them you need certain parts and see if they will hook you up. Go to your local VFW and find out who amoung them is into cars, we all tend to know who does what, and then see what you can leverage from those new connections. You can get this done, but not for nothing, do like your doing here and network and beat on doors. if I had your generation of Monte and had what you needed I would come to some type of arrangement, so dig in and keep at it soldier, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:29 PM

First of all.. welcome... Second of all.. thank you for your service. Third.. im sorry to hear about your situation. Sometimes we run into a pickle in life. Maybe you should sell your projects. Sell it to someone that can finish it. It doenst seem like you have it in you anymore. I don't want to sound like a douchebag but it would benefit you aswell as someone else that is looking for a project car...

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by msnyder1112
First of all.. welcome... Second of all.. thank you for your service. Third.. im sorry to hear about your situation. Sometimes we run into a pickle in life. Maybe you should sell your projects. Sell it to someone that can finish it. It doenst seem like you have it in you anymore. I don't want to sound like a douchebag but it would benefit you aswell as someone else that is looking for a project car...

Good luck!
X2 If it comes to you selling the projects I'd try and make sure they go to somebody close or someone you know will take good care of them, who knows maybe some day you'd be able to buy them back complete

Hopefully it doesn't come to that though. I'm sure there's somebody around you that would be willing to lend a hand if it's not to difficult. Good luck with whatever you end up doing/having to do!

Quick Reply: Army Vet needs help!