New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Another NOOB!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Default Another NOOB!

Just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Joey and I live in NYC! Glad to join the forums!

Old 05-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Default RE: Another NOOB!

Welcome
Nice looking ride
Maybe you can post some more picts of it.
It looks like you have some interesting mods.
Would love to see what you have done.
GWN

Old 05-09-2006, 01:37 PM

if thats his... its stock
its the new pace car version

Old 05-09-2006, 02:06 PM

so thats what it looks like, well looks good to me.
The only thing I don't like is the fact they removed the night emblem
GWN

Old 05-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Welcome to the forum!!

Nice ride, can't wait to see more of it...

Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 AM

Yeah that is my ride. I traded in My '04 Dale Jr. SS for it. No mods at all. The only biggest performance difference with this one is the factory flow master exhaust. It's kind of like the SLP versions the Camaro SS had. Dealer told me it's rated slightly higher in HP than the standard SS. They said between 315 - 320hp and about 330 - 335 lb/ft torque. Not that big a difference IMO. A buddy of mine at work has the new Impala SS and we ran eachother and I was ahead of him from the start. By 60 he was behind me and I could see the top of his bumper in the rear view. I would guess that a similar result would come from the standard Monte SS. So far, I tinted the windows and I am putting in HID's this weekend.
Thanks for the comments. I will work on posting up some more pics of it.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would love to see more pics of your car. I wasnt too fond of the new 06 front end, but yours looks real cool.
Im old school when it comes to the knight emblem, they should have left it on the grill.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: NYBOWTIEBOY
A buddy of mine at work has the new Impala SS and we ran eachother and I was ahead of him from the start. By 60 he was behind me and I could see the top of his bumper in the rear view. I would guess that a similar result would come from the standard Monte SS.
Yes, same result with a "standard" SS... I've done it also, the Impala is heavier than the Monte, which I'm sure is a contributing factor.

So when and where did you get an '06 Pace Car edition?? Just tried finding info on it, and it doesn't exist.

Should'a had the dealer not put on the front license plate bracket... I think it takes away from the nice race look of the front end... and it breaks up your stripes

Is that a little, non-functional scoop on the hood?

Old 05-11-2006, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: 06MonteSS

ORIGINAL: NYBOWTIEBOY
A buddy of mine at work has the new Impala SS and we ran eachother and I was ahead of him from the start. By 60 he was behind me and I could see the top of his bumper in the rear view. I would guess that a similar result would come from the standard Monte SS.
Yes, same result with a "standard" SS... I've done it also, the Impala is heavier than the Monte, which I'm sure is a contributing factor.

So when and where did you get an '06 Pace Car edition?? Just tried finding info on it, and it doesn't exist.

Should'a had the dealer not put on the front license plate bracket... I think it takes away from the nice race look of the front end... and it breaks up your stripes

Is that a little, non-functional scoop on the hood?

Yeah I agree about the front plate, but i did not order the car. The dealer had it there already. i actually went in to get the "STANDARD" SS (probably should have used a different word to differentiate. No Pun intended). Was going to get it in either blue or black but when i saw the pace car version, I couldn't pass it up!! It is the first version shipped to New York and production #5 of the series. The hood scoop is only cosmetic; though they should have made it functional. Not too fond of the 20" chrome rims and the low profile tires mainly because there are so many POTHOLES in NYC! LOL!

Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 PM

wow, the pace version comes with 20's?? I thought the SS's 18's were big LOL

I agree with you about the potholes, there's so much construction going on around here in CT, I have the same issues... people must think I'm hammered when they see me start weaving around the road to avoid the potholes

Do you know if there's any info about the Pace Car edition online anywhere? I checked out chevy's site, but nothing on there...

Quick Reply: Another NOOB!