Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   Another new Monte to the family (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/new-member-area-4/another-new-monte-family-13103/)

Supercharged SS Monte 04-15-2009 11:30 PM

Another new Monte to the family

Hi everyone!! My husband (herbykw) told me about this site the other night. So, here I am a new member.

My name is Monique Herbert. I work for a Orthopeadic medical corperation in Northern California. I drive a 05 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged. Kevin (herbykw) calls it purple but I call it blue lol with black leather, heated seats (makes it nice when we are at the races). My car is a blast to drive :)

Right now, my Monte is stock besides for the after market transmission parts (freakin thing). I am tossing around the idea of getting Magnaflow cat backs, then getting a smaller pulley for the supercharger for more power. Do not get me wrong, the stock 240hp is nice but I wanna go faster :cool:

Space 04-16-2009 05:29 AM

Welcome to the MCF

Hi `Monique, and Welcome to the
Monte Carlo Family Forum.
First, do you let your husband Kevin drive your Monte ? :)
Explore the Forum, and use our search engine for
subjects of interest.
We hope you post some pictures of your SuperCharged
Monte. We love pictures.
We like your mod selections to add to the power/sounds
of your Monte Carlo.
Look forward to your future posts, and pictures.
Wish you safe/fun miles in your Monte.

ChibiBlackSheep 04-16-2009 08:39 AM

Do not go smaller pulley yet. And before you get a cat-back exhaust system you will have to fix some exhaust problems before the cat.

You will need to invest in a good quality tuner to make sure you don't have any Knock Retard (or KR for short)

A stock car can have KR, and if you add more boost while having KR you will chip a piston and harm your engine greatly.

To remedy KR you will have to look for good aftermarket parts, such as a 3" downpipe, cold air intake (or fenderwall intake) (NOTHING without a heat shield) a throttle body spacer, colder spark plugs (just 1-2° colder), a colder thermostat (stock is 195°F a good 180°F is recommended)

There is a really good thread (it has been stickied) talking about L67 engines and what you can do for them. Have a good read of it. But the first thing you should invest in BEFORE you buy anything for this car is a good tuner. If you aren't willing to get one of those, I wouldn't look into modifying that engine.

RickAKATed10 04-16-2009 10:18 AM

Welcome!

AwesomeSS 04-16-2009 10:17 PM

Welcome - it sounds like you have a Laser Blue Metallic 05! DROOOLL! I love that color. Post pics when you have a chance. I know the Magnaflow cat back fits the 00-04 but for some reason it doesn't list the 05 so I'm not sure it will work with your car. I am looking at the SLP stainless catback for my 05 SS.

Taz 04-16-2009 11:04 PM

Welcome to the forum.
The supercharger adds so much more fun, doesn't it?

ChevySSGirl 04-16-2009 11:07 PM

welcome to the forum!! ditto on droooooling over the color. it's such a sharp blue.

The Popcorn King 04-17-2009 08:31 AM

Welcome man.

ChibiBlackSheep 04-17-2009 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD (Post 123049)
Welcome man.

pssst, she mentioned HER husband.

The Popcorn King 04-17-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep (Post 123061)
pssst, she mentioned HER husband.

OOPS...MY BAD...

in that case..

Welcome WOman.:D:D