New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Another Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Another Canadian

Hey all!
Just found this site recently while searching for info on the MC I just bought.

Just bought an '04 Dale Jr. Edition Supercharged SS, and should be picking it up tomorrow or saturday.
It's a dealership demo that was driven by a salesman the first year, and it's been sitting on the dealer's lot since. They replaced the battery, brakes and rotors for me since they basically went bad sitting on the lot.

Besides the obvious rubber parts like belts, hoses and tires,what else would you guys suggest I watch out for? I'm a little concerned about the seals/gaskets,andcoolant system (rad & water pump). But I didn't notice any leaks anywhere under the hood, or spots on the ground underneath the engine. And it ran great in the test drive.

I'll postsome pics when I get it.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Default RE: Another Canadian

Hi Lou, ~Taz ~
and Welcome to the MCF
We have several member's from Canada, and our
Top Poster is Moderator Wiz Kidd from Ontario, and
has a 05 Tony Stewart Special Edition SuperCharged Monte Carlo.
You have found a rare Monte Edition and I am looking forward
to your pictures and future posts.
How many miles are on your Monte ? Is the dealership giving
you a warranty ? If not, I would look into getting one.
Did the Monte sit inside or outside the dealership ?
Do you know how the salesman drove the Monte ?
What service has been performed, and is there records of service ?
You could also find a independent mechanic to check out
the Monte before you sign any papers. Was the Monte
ever titled ? Do you know how many have driven it, besides the salesman ?
Good Luck on the transaction, and with you 04 Dale Jr Edition Supercharged SS Monte Carlo.
`Space

Old 08-10-2007, 06:28 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Dale Jr edition 2883 [/align][align=center]Produced[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

As youalready noticed, my avatar is actually from an ebay auction of another Monte that looks exactly the same. Just using it temporarily until I get mine either today or tomorrow. I'll replace the avatar with my Monte asap.

It has 16,500 kilometers which I believe roughly converts to approx. 9,000 miles. The dealership didn't tell me the name of the salesman/saleswoman who drove it. They informed me that the factory warranty wasn't activated until the dealership was forced to, in 2005. So I'm still covered bumper to bumper until this coming february. Then the dealerships used car warranty takes over. They have a 12 month / 12000 kilometer (approx. 7200 miles) used car warranty.

The car spent time inside the showroomand out. Mostly out unfortunately. The dealer is in southwestern Ontario, about halfway between London, Ontario and Detroit, MI. So it's seenhot, humid summers, and snowy winters.I checked for rust very closely. The only rust I found wassurface rusting on the exhaust pipes which I'mconsidering replacing with a Borla systemeventually.

They claim the oil was changed regularly, and they did a lube, oil, and filter job a couple days ago, after I signed the paperwork, as part of the safety check.

I'm a newbie to this site, so forgive this nextquestion. What does "****led" mean? I tried inserting a few four letter words in there, but couldn't figure out the missing letters. Itake it this site also auto-sensors words?The fansite dedicated to my old car did that also.

Hope this answered a few of your questions.

There is a dealer in Ohio with one the same, with lots (39) of high quality pics of the interior and exterior. I'll copy and paste the link below. The only thing you don't see in their pics is the "8" molded into the door sills. Hopefully the link works for ya.

http://www.randazzoautosales.com/sha...;src=eBizAutos

Old 08-10-2007, 07:56 AM

Hi Lou,
[quote] What does "****led" mean?[/quote]
It means t i t l ed, Our MCF Program attempts to block
X-rated language (The first 3 letter's )
We can't type those words : ), unless we space : )
Space is a good thing : ) Everyone needs alittle `Space
in their life : )
I did see the pic of the Dale Jr's Monte on E-Bay Motors with a bid of $20K
Wish you good luck with yours. Look forward to your pic's & posts.
`Space

Old 08-10-2007, 08:13 AM

I wouldn't think there would be a problem with hoses,cooling system,gaskets,etc. on a 3 year old car,even with it sitting around a lot.You still have the warranty,so if any problemsshow up,you are covered anyway..I have seen many low mileage cars much older (like 20 years or more) that still have mostly original parts.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the MC forum Loe.
I hope they replace your brakes with factory parts, otherwise you got problems there, as there is some real JUNK out there in the brake sales area. You get what you pay for, and replacement brake parts can be CHEAP!. Especially the dealers will put in cheap throw away Chinese rotors and pads. I know this from experience. Whatever is the cheapest. Your factory brakes should've been fine, kust needed to be cleaned up, maybe. Brakes are something NOT covered under the factory warranty.
Wayne
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 08-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey, welcome to the site where are you from in ontario?

Old 08-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I'm from Windsor. The only Canadian city that looks north to the continuous United States!
(wondering how many people are now searching for a map.Look south of Detroit, MI )

As for the brakes and rotors...
The salesman overstated how bad they were. They ground down the rotors, cleaned up the rear pads, and replaced the front pads. Everything's good so far. Picked it up around lunch time.

Spent some time just cruising around. It got a lot of heads turning with a few "what the?" kind of looks onsome faces. After driving a 99 Grand Am GT for 8 years, driving a larger car took some getting used to.

The dealership conveniently forgot to fill the tank with gas andsent me off with 1/8 of a tank. It cost me $50 bucks tofill the tank at $1.07 per litre.I forget the mathematical formula to convert to gallons, buta ballpark figure would beroughly $4.00 per gallon. I'm sure someone can correct my bad math.

Lovin the Monte so far. I had to take the "8" coverplate off the front bumper to accomodate the front licence plate. I considered not installing the front plate, but didn't want to be hassled by the cops. I wish Ontario didn't have plates in the front.

I took some pics in my driveway, but want to get a better background before I post any pics.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Oh yeah...
Not tryin to steal Wayne's (RocknSS04) idea for my avatar. Just wanted to get rid of the "borrowed" ebay pic for one of my own. The headrest pic was the only one (so far) that still made sense after being shrunk down.
When I get better exterior shots, I'll change it.

Quick Reply: Another Canadian