New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

aloha

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Default aloha

Hey guy's,

I'm a german guy, living now in Canada. My english is pretty bad so I hope you can understand me ;-). I'm still learning.

Yesterday I bought a '76 Monte Carlo in a pretty good shape. It is a 305 engine and (I guess) a 350 tranny in.

My spouse is very excited about my new projekt. So she know where I am (in the garage) and not in any pup .

Well, I guess I can get some informations for my new ride in this forum.

so long
tenner

Old 03-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Default RE: aloha

[align=center]Hi Ronie, from Victoria B.C.[/align][align=center]&
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.
[/align][align=center]
Willkommenes ` Ronie, Genießen[/align][/align][align=center]Use the forum's search engine for your questions, &[/align][align=center]`if you can't find them. Post them, `ok[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Tell us more about your 76 Monte Carlo ?
How many miles are on it ?
[/align][align=center]Is it original ?[/align][align=center]What color & options ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts, and we hope that[/align][align=center]you can post some pictures of your Monte.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]EnJoy your new purchase, and we wish you [/align][align=center]many safe/fun miles.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 AM

[align=center]
Hi `Ronie,
Here's some infor on the[/align]
1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
EnJoy
[:-]

The Monte Carlo's handsomely sculpted
bodysides were unchanged for 1976.
The 1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo's production set a record, with a stunning 353,272 coupes rolling off the assembly line. While many cars struggled for sales in the mid-Seventies, Chevrolet's personal-luxury coupes continued to move easily off the showroom floors.
Without question, Montes were dominating their mid-size market segment. A total of 191,370 "S" coupes were built, against 161,902 Landau coupes, which cost $293 more.
Revised styling was led by stacked quad headlights and an elegant new horizontal-slot grille. Cleanly restyled taillights were flatter and actually plainer in appearance. Top Monte Carlo engine was the 175-horsepower 400-cubic-inch V-8, followed by a pair of 350-cubic-inch powerplants that whipped up 145 or 165 horses.
A thriftier 140-horsepower 305-cubic-inch V-8 became the standard engine, but the big-block 454 was gone. Three-speed Turbo Hydra-Matic was now the standard Monte transmission.
A "Fashion Tone" paint scheme joined the options list, with contrasting colors on portions of the front fenders, doors, and quarter panels -- an attempt at a pseudo-classic look. Landau coupes had standard Turbine II wheel covers, along with a vinyl half-roof and dual sport mirrors.

The 1976 Monte Carlo topped 1975 sales by more than 90,000 units.

1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Facts
Model

Weight (lbs.)

Price range (new)

Number built

Monte Carlo

$4,673-$4,699

[align=center][/align][align=center][b]The second generation of Monte Carlo's were introduced in 1973 and featured new Chevy parts along with a sleek new look. Still retaining its 116-inch wheelbase, the new design of the body was highlighted with deep curves that were borrowed from the GM Colonnade coupe.

A brand new redesigned Monte Carlo was released alongside other GM intermediates in 1973. Following the pattern of other GM mid-size vehicle, this second generation of Monte Carlos no longer featured a hardtop, but instead a pillared coupe with rear side opera windows and a frameless door glass. New styling features included dual headlights that were positioned beside an egg-crate grille with a Monte Carlo emblem in front, and vertical taillights that were placed above the bumper. In 1973 federally mandated 5 mph bumpers required that all passengers vehicles sold in the U.S. with the 5 mph requirement extended to rear bumpers.

The basic all-coil suspension was carried over along with the separate body-on-frame construction. The '73 Monte Carlo showcased a variety of innovations to improve both the ride and handling these features included standard radial-ply tires, high-caster steering, Pliacell shock absorbers, and front and rear anti-roll bars. The radial-tune

Old 03-02-2008, 04:41 PM

Nicht sicher, wie gut diese Übersetzung ist. Btu heißen willkommen zur Stelle. In welchem Teil von Deutschland waren Sie? Wir sind von K-Stadtgebiet nicht zu vor langer Zeit zurückgekommen.
Auch die Leute hier sind ziemlich gut, so wenn Sie irgendetwas brauchen, das Sie und jemand fragen können, wird helfen Ihnen den wir zu haben einige Mitglieder die sind wirklich in zu den 2. Gen.autos und wird um sie kennen zuteilt.
Heißen Sie willkommen wieder.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:44 PM

here is a site for you also for translating the Deutsch to Einglisch

So dont worry if dont sprecken Einglisch

Old 03-02-2008, 04:45 PM

Deutsch to einglsch http://www.freetranslation.com/

Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM

welcome to the site man. and welcome to Canada. Where abouts are you?

Old 03-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Tenner from Victoria, BC!

I suspect your english is probably better than Mickey's german.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Bienvenidos.