New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

2000 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not sure if you can add the steering wheel buttons or not

You can put in a speedo from an SS, but the oil pressure gauge will not work.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 AM

Yeah I kind of figured that that was the case seeing as how they offer a side piece that clips onto the steering wheel to control radio a bit as well. It isn't that much of a bother to me really was more curiosity! So I could replace it with a speedo and only the oil pressure wouldn't work? What about the battery gauge and the gauge on the far left? (can't make out what it is and honestly haven't seen it before) Would those not work as well since it is not currently on my current dash?

Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 AM

15 Year Member

This is the gauge from an SS:

Everything but the oil pressure in the bottom right will work, because your car should be able to send over all of those signals no issues.

From left to right, Battery, Gas, Oil Presure, Engine Temp, Speedo, Tach

Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM

Alright I gotcha. The one I was looking at on CARiD had a transmission temperature gauge which I actually haven't seen before. Is it possible to install a oil pressure sensor and make it so that it can read the oil pressure gauge?

Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 AM

15 Year Member

The thing you listed on CarID is just a kit of bulbs, not a real speedometer that you can add to your car.

I'm not sure you can add the sensor, because I don't think your PCM would know to read from it.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 PM

Oh wow can't believe I didn't realize that. Well I will search for one that is a replacement gauge set that I could replace it with. Thank though Chibi! Waiting on some material samples and then I will be buying the steering wheel cover. First of many things i plan to do to my Monte this year, awaiting CAI rep to see if they can get a set up for my Monte too. Will post pictures this weekend after sunroof is fixed and I can give my car a wash! Oh and found the official color name - Dark Torreador Metallic.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:07 AM

15 Year Member

You'll love the steering wheel cover. Everyone likes mine, on PFYC.com my car is even the model for them

Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 AM

Very Nice! Yeah I will most likely be getting a burgundy and black one. I requested the material samples so I will wait a week or so for that to get in and then order it. I am actually really fond of the Dark Torreador color so I am basing the color scheme off of black and the dark red / maroonish color. Working on a list of things I would like to do to it over the year or two and it is getting expensive haha!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 AM

15 Year Member

Making a list and just working through it is the best way.

My list used to be huge, I've slowly almost finished it in the past 5 years.

They should get you the samples fast... I know they were quick to send me mine:

Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 AM

I do like the burgundy and think it would go well with the exterior color of the car but the problem I am running into is that most things for the interior are just the brighter red and not the dark burgundy color. So I am still up in the air with what to go with. Waiting for sample to put inside the car and see just how different each will be. Yeah list will go slowly at first while I finish up college, and then will make some good head way. I think next will be to save for 3 months to get a Cold Air Induction system in. Gonna have to make a thread about the engine.

All in due time, pictures coming this weekend!

Quick Reply: 2000 Monte Carlo