New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

1st Time Monte Owner 06 LT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Default 1st Time Monte Owner 06 LT3

Just Bought an 06 LT3 it has the 3900. I am so pleased with this car, it has a lot of power more than i thought. Glad to see there is a forum like this one! Will probably be on it a lot. Im looking to get exhaust 1st. Since it already has duals, im looking for a good system, or just mufflers to give it a nice deep growl. Any suggestions?

Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Default RE: 1st Time Monte Owner 16 LT3

[align=center]Hi Gabe & Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for sharing your pictures & I was happy to[/align][align=center]read that you like your LT3....., I love mine : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The power of the 3.9 is awesome, & if you explore the site[/align][align=center]you will see many posts about it & also the awards[/align][align=center]for the 3900 V-6 Engine.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's only about a second slower then a V-8 SS from[/align][align=center]0 -60 MPH & the 1/4 miles : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you Safe/Happy/Fun/Fast miles in your[/align][align=center]Awesome 2006 LT3 BadAzz Monte Carlo,[/align][align=center]`SpaceRider[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Check out the below U Tube Clip of a member's 06 Stock LT3 Launch'in Off the Line : )[/align][align=center][:-]Click below link[/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4Vc7vYm_g[/align]

Old 06-07-2007, 06:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Congratulations and welcome. Glad to hear another good testimony for the 3900.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey, welcome to the site

Old 06-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Default RE: 1st Time Monte Owner 06 LT3

Thanks everyone Im looking forward to all the new found inoformation.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats man! She's a bute!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:17 PM

Great lookin ride! It's nice to see another 06 with the 3LT package out there! And even better to see one that's NOT Silver... lmao! Seems like every time I find another 06 3LT or LTZ (the 2 models with the 3.9), it's silver.... Not that I don't like the color(I love it), but it makes me feel better knowing that GM produced some that weren't. Space_Rider above has a 06 3LT in white. (and I gotta say, I'm proud of him from moving from his souped-uprice burner.... lol!)

You're absolutely correct about the power of this car! She still surprises me every now and then, especially at 50% throttle or more, when that Variable Intake kicks in!

How do you like the stock sound? I know it'snot loud, but it has a tone quality to it, that I haven't heard out of a stock GM V6........ ever! Now if I could just somehow make it louder, without changing that tone....

For exhaust mods the first places to look would be the stock catalytic converter, and the resonater right after it. Going with a high-flow cat,and straight pipe in replacement of the resonatershould help some, but removing the resonater will also change the tone quality.

No pre-made intakes (that I have found) yet, but K&N does have a stock replacement drop-in air filter, that should help mileage and a slight boost in power. I noticed a slight improvement in both,as a life-time fan, I wouldn't own a car without one.

Enjoy your unique ride!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 PM

Speaking of souped up rice burners... I beat on the car a little today when a kid in a newer Acura Integra typr R Pulled up next to me at a stop light and revved it up.... i laughed and the light turned green i ttok off slow hit about 20 pulled next to him and nailed it, he tried to keep up, but soon I was doin 80... woops... it was onto the interstate tho... I slowed down, he caught up and tried to pull away and the 3900 proudly gave a growl kicked it down and blew past him... then he got off the exit in a hurry, ...and in shame.. it was great....

Old 06-09-2007, 12:30 AM

Hi Gabe,
welcome! I'm a first time Monte owner too, and I'm wondering what took me so long...heehee!
Enjoy your new car!
cheers

Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 AM

I know the feeling Gabe! I'm proud to say my car's had her way with a Dodge Ram diesel (WTF was HE thinking?) and a 3800 SC Pontiac Grand-something (aka plastic 4-door)

This guy was tweaked on something, because the minute I pulled up next to him he was flashing his one good tooth and grabbing his GF (who was driving btw). So I roll down the window thinking... ok, I've got a sleeper (no-one out there knows what this car has, because it's not an SS, right?) so maybe he'll race me. Well he answers my inner dialogue by saying-and I quote- "I've got the supercharged engine, the supercharged ti-tty, and the supercharge pu-zzy, and I'm all ready to race."

I couldn't believe it.... finally I had a chance....(and what a loser btw...) well the light turns, but we had cars in front of us. He takes off, and because of the slow-azz in front of me, I take off, but the car shifts to secondwhen I back-off from hitting their bumper. Well finally the car in front of me is moving, so I floor it (tranny stays in second) and about 3500-4krpm the variable intake kicks in and I catch up easily, but due to traffic I was only able to catch up, not really pass him. So we keep moving and downtownwe catch the perfect location (they were only 2 or 3 cars back). The largest string of lights in America (strangely enough in Dubuque, Iowa) is right in front of the bridge going across the Mississippi, to East Dubuque. This bridge is only one lane, so the two lanes merge into one, shortly after the lights. (again, perfect, the slower car has to hit the brakes and merge)

So I'm all excited (FINALLY a REAL race), and the pu-$$Y pulls aside into the turning lane. There wasnt much traffic, so I rolled down my window, and was waving him over, and honking, but the chicken ignored me. I guess he learned from the first (no so much) race?

But needless to say, I proved to myself that my car can take those SC pontiacs... and it was fun.

I just hope I find one again, and can get video of me doing it, lmao, because you know those Pontiac drivers, they'll never admit to losing to a Chevy! LOL! Especially a N/A chevy at that!!!

(edited for stupid censors, and further Pontiac-bashing [:-])

Quick Reply: 1st Time Monte Owner 06 LT3