New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

1999 headlight assembly replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Default 1999 headlight assembly replacement.

I bought the assemblys for my wife's 99 .
Any help on replacing them before I leave her driving around with two flashlights duct taped to the hood?

Old 03-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Prkiebler
Any help on replacing them before I leave her driving around with two flashlights duct taped to the hood?

That's the best way to do it try an get some duct tape that matches the Color of the Car. Then it will help blend it better, another way is to just take a hammer and nock them out and tape the others in. ha, ha
But seriously open the hood to view both and there are 2 plastic with metal threaded inserts in them that will hold the top in at each end of the top of the light. Remove them first. Then you can raise the housing some to remove it they have tabs at the bottom and the fender sides. Wiggling is called for to remove them but do it easily, same way when you put it back. Once it lays forward you will need to remove the actual bulb plug housings which twists out there are 3 bulbs one for the signal/parking and one for the headlight high beam and low beam.
put the new once in and replace it in the same fashion as you installed it. It's a good Idea to take a photo of it prior to removal so you can see how they look when they are in.
You might want to check youtube for a video on it there is probably on there. I just happen to have a service manual with me and I will take a photo of it and up load it. Good Luck take your time.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Photo right out of my device manual

Attached Thumbnails 1999 headlight assembly replacement.-img_0236.jpg   1999 headlight assembly replacement.-img_0238.jpg   1999 headlight assembly replacement.-img_0237.jpg   1999 headlight assembly replacement.-img_0239.jpg  
Old 03-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Default Drivernumber3

Originally Posted by Prkiebler
Unable to find the correct color duct tape at Lowes.
Assemblys successfully installed.
No hammer necessary.
Thank you.