New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

16 Year Old Monte Carlo Owner; My First Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Default 16 Year Old Monte Carlo Owner; My First Car

Hello All

My names Camden and I'm 16 years old. I brought a 2001 Monte Carlo for my first car. Its jet black with a black leather interior, heated seats, and power everything. I'm planning on doing some custom work on it, such as decals and paint jobs, and I'm interested in seeing peoples opinions and ideas on what I should do. If you have any ideas, send them forth! I'd love to hear them

Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum! You are in the perfect place to get other people's opinions. When you get the chance, post some pics and ask some questions. We will be more than willing to help in any way that we can.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:18 PM

Hi Camden, welcome to the Forum. You got a pretty good deal there, considering this is your first car! You can find emblems and decals at reflectiveconcepts.com and makingitdigital.net and Targrafix.com and http://shopnaioa.com. What kind of painting are you planning? I have a white 2007 LT and I want to paint it red, but everybody tells me it's better to buy a red car.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Herlsy
Hello All

My names Camden and I'm 16 years old. I brought a 2001 Monte Carlo for my first car. Its jet black with a black leather interior, heated seats, and power everything. I'm planning on doing some custom work on it, such as decals and paint jobs, and I'm interested in seeing peoples opinions and ideas on what I should do. If you have any ideas, send them forth! I'd love to hear them
Welcome to MCF.....my suggestion to you would be to look at as many MC's as you can, see what you like and don't like about what people have done to them and then decided how you want yours to look. That's kind of whats so cool about cars, you could have the same car as thousands of others but the choices you make when modding it can make it look like the only one of it's kind. A good resource to see hundreds if not thousands of Monte's is cardomain.com, you can do a search for 2000-2007 (or 2008, I forget) Monte's and get back tons of results and you can see what people have done and get some ideas about what you want to do to make your Monte yours

Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A black Monte eh??

I hope my car can be of some motivation

Old 04-01-2011, 01:13 PM

welcome! you are lucky! i did not get my first car till i was twenty! just look around get an idea of what you like, after all, it is your car. =]]

Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM

Welcome to the site.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 PM

Here's one I forgot (for parts, emblems, decals): chevymontecarlopartsstore.com

Old 04-01-2011, 02:22 PM

Well dang, my first car was a 1990 Ford Taurus. Needless to say, I am much happier today haha. Take care of that thing, too many 16 year olds abuse their cars, even when they have nice ones. There are some around where I live that could have had potential if they were owned by different people.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:20 PM

My first car was a black 1980 slant 6 powered Dodge Mirada. They were a Monte Carlo style, personal luxury type coupe. It cost $400. It was kind of rare in that it was a 6 cylinder with console shift automatic instead of column shift and no factory A/C. I drove it for 8 years. I like to think I took care of it. Unfortunately, it was a daily driver that also had to endure 8 more winters under my ownership. I had to retire it because of rust. The engine had almost 200,000 on it and still ran well. I had an emotional attachment to that car and it was painful to retire it. Thanks to this thread for taking me down memory lane.

Quick Reply: 16 Year Old Monte Carlo Owner; My First Car