New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

04 dale jr.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Default 04 dale jr.

hello people, i am looking for some help in finding decals for a 2004 dale jr. edition monte carlo ss. i bought it new for my son[me] and am in the process of giving her a face lift but can not find graphic for drivers door. can someone direct me to a sourse

Old 01-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum..
Did you check with GM ?

Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

W27 DECALS/BODY (DALE EARNHART JR EDITION DEJ);. Fits: Chevrolet Monte Carlo | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

Unfortunately...thats the real stuff. & its pricey. I'm gonna need to buy a trunk decal.. original owner tore it off

Old 01-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Tom.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of choice for replacement decals for the 2004 Dale Jr cars. A lot of the decals are proprietary in design. The stripes on the side, and the 8's are copyrighted designs owned by DEI (Dale Earnhardt Inc.) The signature is also copyrighted obviously.

Dealerships (including online dealership suppliers) can get you the decals for a hefty price. IF THERE ARE STILL ANY LEFT!!! The factory only made so many extra decals for each Signature Series Monte Carlo. When that supply runs out, that's it. No more at any price. As the supply dwindles down, the prices are going up.

Many of the signature series Monte's are running into a "NLA" (No Longer Available) response from GM. Especially the 2002 Dale Earnhardt and 2003 Jeff Gordon Montes. The 2004 Dale Jr wheels are now listed as NLA for factory originals. But you can find reproductions online.

For the stripes you're looking for, you can try the dealership. But like the others said, be prepared to pay through the nose for just the section that goes on the door. You don't get the entire 12 foot stripe as one piece. It's actually 3 pieces sold separately. For each side.

What you could do is try asking local custom sign shops that do vinyl if they can replicate the section you need. It's simply metallic silver and black.

Or you could go the permanent route. Have the stripes painted on the car, and clear coat over it. And you'd never have to worry about the decals ever again. Painting on the stripes would be cheaper than buying all 6 sections of the decals from GM.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Welcome to the MCF Family.
I'm told Phoenix Graphics has any sticker you could ever want for a fraction of the cost of the dealer price. I haven't verified that, but check them out. You'll have to ask for them, as they aren't listed, but I'm sure they have them. I think.

Phoenix Graphix: Car Auto Decals Graphics, Factory Restoration Stickers

Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Welcome to the MCF Family.
I'm told Phoenix Graphics has any sticker you could ever want for a fraction of the cost of the dealer price. I haven't verified that, but check them out. You'll have to ask for them, as they aren't listed, but I'm sure they have them. I think.

Phoenix Graphix: Car Auto Decals Graphics, Factory Restoration Stickers
Looks like they don't have it listed under montes. They skip all the nascar editions..

Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

They dont have any nascar monte stuff & when i called they wouldnt do it

Welcome to the Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
They dont have any nascar monte stuff & when i called they wouldnt do it

Welcome to the Forum
Most likely because of copyrights owned by nascar (Hendrick, DEI, RCR, and so on). That's why I suggested contacting local shops that do custom vinyl and graphics. They may be more willing to work with you on a cash sale in person.

But for the cost of buying or making some, or all, of the decals on the nascar Montes, it might be cheaper to just get them painted. Especially the Dale Jr stripes. Dealership told me it would be about $1100 to buy all 6 pieces of the stripes. If I ever have to replace the stripes on mine, I'm going the painted on route. And clear coat over them. That way I'll never have to worry about chipping, damage caused by weather or detailing.

Really, I think GM should've gone the painted on route for all their nascar Montes in the first place.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

GM wont ever paint any graphic on, itll cost em more than a decal but they will rip you off on a decal & as far as having them painted on itll run about $1500-2000 sence youll have to clear most of the car again plus prep time

Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Greetings!

Quick Reply: 04 dale jr.