New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

03 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8L V6 Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Default Help issues with 03 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8L V6 Automatic

So im having issues where the battery continues going dead we went to change the brakes out and we drove it right before that and then it just wouldnt even cough or anything it wont crank up even to this day itll get power and all that and the needles die out and jump back to life every five mins when it did run and we had the battery fully charged and tried but nothing and when i popped the hood and took a look around it heard a thumping noise or clicking noise coming from the fuse box under the hood right where the pcm and fuel relays are side by side when i removed the fuel pump relay it continued. Clicking but when i put that back and removed the pcm relay it stopped the noise and also not only that but it also had noises as if it was injecting fuel when both relays are in and tge key wasnt even in the ignition help please im thinkin something to do with the pcm

Last edited by Shawn McDowell; 05-14-2018 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Title wrong
Old 05-16-2018, 06:01 AM

How many volts does your battery have before you charge it ? I have noticed that my electrical system makes weird noises when I leave the key on to long with a battery that has 1 dead cell which is usually around 10 volts.Good luck

Old 05-16-2018, 06:35 AM

Not sure

Old 05-16-2018, 06:52 AM

A bad battery could be your issue. Check voltage before you try anything if it's not between. 12-12.5 volts that would be the place to start. A bad battery will cause a lot of problems. Once you get the car started the alternator will provide enough power to keep everything happy.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:56 AM

Well i got a brand new battery from autozone and still has all the same exact issues

Old 05-16-2018, 07:11 AM

Ive also tried jumping it off too its also killed the new battery as well so ill have to check the voltage when i go to recharge it and in the mean time got any other ideas what it could be by chance and thank you

Old 05-17-2018, 04:38 PM

You was right man thank you i was apparently sold a bad battery so went n got a new one and shes alive again im happy happy happy thank you so much buddy

Old 05-17-2018, 08:43 PM

Sometimes it's the easy things overlooked. I personally have a knack for getting bad new parts. Glad you're up and running