New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

02 monte carlo cylinder 3 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:56 PM
Default 02 monte carlo cylinder 3 misfire

Okay so im new to this but attempting to find help other than the continued things that haven't gotten me anywhere. So i bought this car from an individual who was the only other owner's my problem is I dont know what they may or may not have done to it. It's an 02 monte carlo 3.4 6 cylinder. I'm having a misfire in cylinder 3 but I've already replaced my plugs and wires. I got my codes ran due to having my engine light on one for the misfire shows up. What else can I do to attempt to fix my problem?

Old 09-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Could be the injector for that cylinder causing a misfire code.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:09 PM

...hi...today in the morning my monte not starting...1 intent nothing...2 intent nothing...3 intent nothing...everything ok...the battery...horn...lights...come back to my house and drink some coffee....go to my car again and...voila !!!!!!!....the car starting...!!!!! I dont know what happening....any body have this experience...????

Old 09-19-2016, 04:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello Cassady. You may have a bad injector. You could also have a bad coil. Check see if your injectors fire for one cylinder or 2. If for 2 then you will have 2 cylinders miss firing. If you have one coil per cylinder then that's where I would look next. Also, you said you replaced the plugs and wires. Were you having this problem before the tune up? Check your # 3 wire run from coil to plug, make sure it is not sitting on anything that gets hot. You may have burned thru that wire.
Good luck!