New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

01' SS new to forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking 01' SS new to forum

Hey .. New to the Forum Live in NH Had F bodies years ago and in the last 6 years have bounced around the W body scene.. Several Impalas,Gtps,SSEI
And Now the Monte.My Son is about to get his Lic. and Wanted to get a Non supercharged car that had Onstar picked up the Monte to fit that bill . now that Im driving the car daily I like it so much I am Going to pick up one for myself when I hand this off to him an a Year or so in the mean time we will share.Im a GM Guy have worked for a GM dealer as a Asst Service manager and Body Shop manager for 14 years , work for Ford Now but still bleed Bow Ties!!The Forum has already offered up some Solutions to several Issues The car had So Wanted to thank those who stepped up to help! for those who need parts for you W Body Look at Morad Parts for solutions Ed and Erik have Been a Big help to me with My W body stuff Hubs Ect... Thanks again see you all around the forums!
Bob Jordan

Old 03-28-2010, 08:49 AM

Welcome to the forum! Excellent choice on choosing a Monte Carlo, the perfect cross between a comparable sports car and a daily driver. The non supercharged 3800 is no where near as fast as the supercharged version, as you probably know, but still produces a lot of torque for a N/A old v6, which makes it fun to drive!

If you are able you should include some pictures of the Monte, let us compliment her. Also, pray let us know if you have any further modifications you wish to add to her anything at all. Once again, welcome to the forum!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Welcome aboard.
Please do post pictures of the Monte and good luck on your 2nd Monte in the future.

I like your quote "Still bleed bow ties" lol.
Heck, with your background we might be asking your for advice/solutions on our cars.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:31 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site!

Old 03-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

Welcome and I hope we can help with further questions!

Old 03-28-2010, 01:20 PM

Hi `Bob, and Welcome to the MCF
It's great to have another member that has a automotive
background.
Your son is lucky to have a father that is concerned about
what his son will `drive. He is a lucky `kid 4-Sure.

We sure would love to see you post some pictures of your
Monte.
Explore the MCF and use our search engine for subjects
of interest.
We look forward to your future posts & contributions.
Wish you safe/fun miles in your Monte..
Good Luck

Old 03-28-2010, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member

Thanks For the welcome Guys!! On the bleed Bowties thing... I told my boss when I was Hired we needed a new first aid kit when he asked Why I told him Ford Bandages cant stop Chevy Blood!.. He is a Die hard ford Guy so we did hit it off well! My car came from northern VT looks like she had someone who loved her the first 3/4 of her life and the second owner was not as kind! Two weeks of tinkering and she is back to something Im Proud to drive all the usual W body stuff had been let go Cat/Wheelbearing(Hub)LF,Blower resister, drivers power window master SW,Secondary air pump solinoid, and mass airflow sensor, and intermediate shaft clunk (The litho grease trick works!!) all issues resolved She is a great car now!! Glad Im a Chevy Guy or I would have given in on this one!

Old 03-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Heyy! Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-28-2010, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member

pics!!

Attached Thumbnails 01' SS new to forum-monte-1.jpg   01' SS new to forum-monte-3.jpg  

Last edited by blownincome; 03-28-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum Bob!

Nice Monte. Any particular reason for the preference of a N/A 3800? Plans for a turbo maybe? Or just the fact that premium gas for the supercharged 3800 is freakin expensive?

Something I found out the hard way. LOL.

Quick Reply: 01' SS new to forum